Read all about rail passes. Compare resellers and prices:
Swiss Flexi Pass
Swiss Transfer Ticket
Swiss Half Fare Card
Planning your trips:
Point to point tickets
Switzerland tourist forum
WHAT PASS CARD /SHOULD I BUY??
the topic is closed
Aug 24, 2011 10:59:44 PM
I am visiting Swiss during September 7 to September 10. I am visiting with my wife and 3 year old baby.My plan is as below
Sept 7- Reaching Zurich and travelling to Luzern.
Sept 8- Travel to Mt Titlis/Mt Pilathus
Sept 9- from Interlaken - Travel to Jungfrau
Sept 10- From interlaken-- Go to zermat and cath the Glacier Express..Get down at Chur and travel back to Zurich..
Can you please let me know what kind of pass(Swiss Flexi for 3 days or Half fare card) will be suitable for me?
Thanks in advance
Aug 25, 2011 06:06:07 AM
I would prefer a 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for your itinerary. The free travel days would be used for Zurich airport - Luzern, Luzern - Interlaken and the long trip on Sept 10. You can calculate exactly if you want, following
. Perhaps you can fit in a boat trip on Lake Lucerne or Lake Brienz. It's free on a free travel day.
Purchase options, prices and delivery dates of the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass are listed
. May be
is of interest, depending on where you're from.
These airport hotels
in Zurich might come in handy, especially if you have an early flight on September 11.
Have a beautiful stay!
edited by modarno on Aug 25, 2011
Aug 26, 2011 03:46:43 AM
Thanks for the reply..Your site is really wonderful with a lot of information. And the advice from you are very much appreciated.
I have few more questions about the below trip,
So you mean to say this special offer for 3 day flexi pass is vaild only via online? And if I decide to buy it after reaching Swiss, it snot possible?
I have few more questions,
1. Can I printout a ticket online?Or i need to wait for a delivery to me? Or is there any way I can book now via online and collect it at any ticket office when I am in Swiss? B'se i do not have sufficent days to wait for a ticket to come to me via mail.
2. I am not able to choose dates when I do the bookings flexi 3 day pass. Any idea how do I Select the dates what I need for Flexi Pass
3. Will I be getting 50% Discounts with Swiss Flexi on Jungfrau /Titlis Cable cars and on Glacier Express?
4. Do I need to make a reservation for Glacier express booking well in advance. On I can approach any ticket office on Sept 7th for a ticket on Sept 10th?
5. Will I be able to cover Mt Titlis/ Mt. Pilathus from Luzene in one day.
6. Will it be possible to get a proper connection in the early morning from Interlaken to Zermatt to catch the Glacier Express.
Do you have better suggestion as per your experience.
Thanks in advance for your wonderful advice's.
Awaiting for your reply.
Aug 26, 2011 05:52:00 AM
I'm glad to hear that you like our website! As for your questions:
1. This specific offer cannot be purchased in Switzerland. Please fill out your country and travelers on the
Swiss Flexi Pass page
to see prices that are relevant to you specifically. You'll then see if the offer is of interest to you at all. If you don't live in Europe, you'll see other resellers with even better prices. Buying in Switzerland is usually the most expensive option, as you can see on that page. All delivery options are on that page as well. Printing passes yourself is not possible.
2. Depending on the reseller, they ask either the start date (first free travel day) or no date at all. The other dates can be filled out on the pass when you need them. You don't have to decide in advance.
3. You'll get 50% off. The Jungfrau is 25% off. Please take a look at the map linked from the Swiss Flexi Pass page.
4. I would advice to
well in advance. You can get them a few days before through the ticket office, but you'll have to wait and see which (if any) seats are left.
5. Yes, but it would be a long day. The
6. Please check the timetable for that as well.
I hope this helps you out!
the topic is closed
Point to point ticket search
2002 - 2013
MySwissAlps.com is a travel guide for your summer holidays in Switzerland