Zurich airport hotels
Apartments & chalets
Suggestions for day trips:
Bernese Oberland, Jungfrau region
Graubünden, St. Moritz
Switzerland tourist forum
need help for honeymoon trip please
the topic is closed
Jan 1, 2012 09:03:48 AM
I and my wife are planning our honeymoon trip to europe at the moment, we plan to stay only around 4 days in Switzerland because shortage of time. We really need some help please. we are travelling by rental car by the way.
day1: from monaco to geneve(stay in geneve)
day2: from geneve to grindelwald via interlaken (spend the morning on the road, arrive at grindelwald around noon, and catch the train to jungfrau and return to grindelwald around sunset,stay in grindelwald for the night)
day3-4: stay in grindelwald(ski for two days
day 5: from grindelwald to milan
the queries we are having are:
1. is it too hurry for day2? should we only skii 1 day and half, and spend 1 day for the Jungfrau site seeing trip? (ie: ski for the day2 afternoon and day 3, then go to jungfrau for day 4?)
2. should we go and see the other side of the mountains (ie: murren and etc?)
3. do they sell any combination pass packages? (trian pass+ski pass?)or which one should we buy?(we are planning to buy trian return pass from grindelwald to Jungfrau, and 2 days ski pass at the moment)
4. should we buy the tickets now online, or should we buy them at interlaken when we arrived? which way is cheaper?
5: can we carry ski gear to Mt. Jungfrau?
any help would be really appreciated!!!!!
happy new year btw
Jan 1, 2012 09:07:16 AM
we are going in the end of January by the way. any scenic route would also be really helpful
Jan 5, 2012 07:07:01 AM
Sorry for the late reply. As for your plans:
1. day 2 is quite a full schedule indeed, but it can be done. I would suggest to leave Geneva as early as possible, as you can't really predict how long the road trip takes. Please check the timetable for the
, and be sure to have at least 2 hours up there.
2. That depends on how you want to spend your time. The whole region is beautiful, so if you prefer to ski, it's fine to stay on the Grindelwald side. You may want to include Männlichen in your ski trips, as you can view all across "the other side" from there, including Mürren, Lauterbrunnen and the Schilthorn.
3/4. I'm not sure, you can best check with
5. Yes you can, but there's no need to do that as the
major ski slopes
are at the Jungfrau base.
Enjoy your wedding and honeymoon!
We're on Facebook now!
Jan 5, 2012 08:31:49 PM
you've been a great help, really appreciated. thank you!! guess we will ski for a day and half, and spend a whole day for the jungfrau trip then.
the topic is closed
2002 - 2013
MySwissAlps.com is a travel guide for your summer holidays in Switzerland