Eurail Global Flexi Pass
The Eurail Global Flexi Pass is a good choice for people who want to explore more than 5 European countries, but don't want to travel every single day: the pass is valid on either 10 or 15 days within 2 months. The Eurail Global Flexi Pass provides unlimited 1st class train travelling and several discounts on boat services and other tourist attractions. Some shipping lines can even be used for free. The Eurail Global Flexi Pass offers ease of use as well: you are free to go wherever you want and don't have to buy tickets each time you make a trip. The pass is valid for many Swiss trains, including special trains such as the Bernina Express, Heidi Express and Glacier Express (only part of the journey). A discounted Eurail Global Flexi Pass can be purchased in case you travel with two or more people. An economical 2nd class Eurail Global Flexi Pass is available for youths.
View other European rail passes
Eurail Global Flexi Pass features
- valid for either 10 or 15 non-consecutive days within 2 months.
Overview of the Swiss network on which the Eurail Global Flexi Pass is valid © Eurail;
- unlimited train travelling in these European countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland (includes Northern Ireland), Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands and Turkey;
- convenient travelling in 1st class;
- free travel on selected boats (Lake Geneva, Lake Lucerne, Lake Thun, Lake Brienz, Lake Zürich, Lake Biel, river Aare and river Rhine) and many scenic trains (e.g. Bernina Express, Golden Pass Line and Voralpen Express). Free travelling requires use of a travel day;
- discounted travel (25-50%) on selected lifts and cog trains: Bürgenstock, Gornergrat, Jungfrau, Pilatus, Rigi, Stanserhorn and Titlis. In order to get discounts, you are not required to use a travel day;
- a 50% discount applies on Eurail Global Flexi Passes for children from 4 up to and including 11 years old;
- children up to and including 3 years old travel for free;
- a discount applies when purchasing a Eurail Global Flexi Pass for 2 or more people: Eurail Flexi Saver Pass;
- discount rates for people up to and including 25 years old: Eurail Flexi Youth Pass;
- the Eurail Global Flexi Pass is only available to non-European citizens.
Not included in the Eurail Global Flexi Pass
- seat reservations and surcharges;
- urban transportation;
- most mountain transportation services (exceptions are listed above);
- the rail section Zermatt - Brig - Disentis (Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn), which is part of the Glacier Express route. However, a discount of 25% is offered to holders of the Eurail Austria-Switzerland Pass who would like to travel with the Glacier Express. Discounted tickets can only be purchased in Switzerland. Seat reservations can be purchased online (early reservation is recommended).
- the rail section Andermatt-Göschenen (Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn). You will receive a discount of 25%. Discounted tickets can only be purchased in Switzerland.
Please note that services not listed above are not necessarily included in the pass. If you need any services that are not included in the Eurail Global Flexi Pass, please review the alternative rail passes.
Variants of the Eurail Global Flexi Pass
The Eurail Flexi Saver Pass can be used by two or more people travelling together. A discount applies on the regular Eurail Global Flexi Pass prices. Other than this, the Eurail Flexi Saver Pass offers the same features as the Eurail Global Flexi Pass. Please note that you need to travel together all the time.
The Eurail Flexi Youth Pass is a good choice for those up to and including 25 years old. The pass offers travelling in 2nd class. Other than this, the Eurail Flexi Youth Pass offers the same features as the Eurail Global Flexi Pass.
Is the Eurail Global Flexi Pass not exactly what you are looking for? The following rail passes might fit your needs:
How to purchase a Eurail Global Flexi Pass
- Prices and purchase options for the Eurail Global Flexi Pass can be found in the upper right corner of this page;
- the Eurail Global Flexi Pass can also be purchased at larger train stations in Europe. Please note that prices in Europe vary per sales outlet and are considerably higher (+20% on average) than a purchase prior to your departure. Therefore these prices are not included in the price overview on this page. Please contact the local railway company for more information about purchasing the Eurail Global Flexi Pass in Europe;
- the Eurail Global Flexi Pass can not be purchased by residents of Europe. In most cases, the best alternative is an Interrail Pass;
- when you purchase a Eurail Global Flexi Pass, you need to posses the passport or identity document that you will take along while travelling.
More about the Eurail Global Flexi Pass
Where to buy your Eurail Global Flexi Pass