1 night in Luzern. 5 nights in Wengen. Which pass?

• Tania
    Participant
    2 posts
    10 June 2015 at 11:12:15 #807378

Hi .I will be travelling with my 11 years old daughter to Basel by air on 3rd August.Then we take a train to Luzern. We will be spending one night in Luzern as we want to ride the Cabrio cable car. We will also take a cruise on the lake. On 4th august in the morning we ride Cabrio. Then some time in the afternoon we will take a train onwards to Wengen. We want to visit all the major tourist attractions like Top of Europe, Piz Gloria, Tummelbach Falls, Harder Kulm and as much else as we can see! We would also like to take a cruise on one of the lakes. Which one do you recommend out of both lakes?

Main question is about the passes…I have been looking at Bernese Oberland pass for 6 days…or jungfrau pass. But I think Jungfrau pass won’t cover my journey back from Wengen to Basel, with a stopover for a few hours in Bern, for our return flight on 9th August. Can you suggest the best pass pls?

Also what kind of clothing do we need for that time of the year?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    10 June 2015 at 18:25:46 #843750

Hi Tania,

You can best do the detailed comparison of a few passes, as explained here. It’s quite hard to suggest one as you’ll be traveling a lot in one region but also a bit in other parts of the country. Doing the math helps finding the right one.

The passes I’d suggest to compare are:

You can find all pass details through these links, including maps of what’s covered.

You can best bring multiple thinner layers as explained here, as you won’t know the weather until the day before. It can be really warm in August, but it can also be chilly on rainy days. In any case the temperature will vary with the altitude.

I hope this gets you started!

• The thread ‘1 night in Luzern. 5 nights in Wengen. Which pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.