1 night in Luzern. 5 nights in Wengen. Which pass?

1 night in Luzern. 5 nights in Wengen. Which pass?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Tania
Tania
1 post
Jun 10, 2015 - 11:12 AM

Hi .I will be travelling with my 11 years old daughter to Basel by air on 3rd August.Then we take a train to Luzern. We will be spending one night in Luzern as we want to ride the Cabrio cable car. We will also take a cruise on the lake. On 4th august in the morning we ride Cabrio. Then some time in the afternoon we will take a train onwards to Wengen. We want to visit all the major tourist attractions like Top of Europe, Piz Gloria, Tummelbach Falls, Harder Kulm and as much else as we can see! We would also like to take a cruise on one of the lakes. Which one do you recommend out of both lakes?

Main question is about the passes...I have been looking at Bernese Oberland pass for 6 days...or jungfrau pass. But I think Jungfrau pass won't cover my journey back from Wengen to Basel, with a stopover for a few hours in Bern, for our return flight on 9th August. Can you suggest the best pass pls?

Also what kind of clothing do we need for that time of the year?

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2015 - 6:25 PM

Hi Tania,

You can best do the detailed comparison of a few passes, as explained here. It's quite hard to suggest one as you'll be traveling a lot in one region but also a bit in other parts of the country. Doing the math helps finding the right one.

The passes I'd suggest to compare are:

You can find all pass details through these links, including maps of what's covered.

You can best bring multiple thinner layers as explained here, as you won't know the weather until the day before. It can be really warm in August, but it can also be chilly on rainy days. In any case the temperature will vary with the altitude.

I hope this gets you started!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016