10 day Switzerland trip:Suggestions required

10 day Switzerland trip:Suggestions required

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
sanjay
sanjay
13 posts
Apr 19, 2015 - 9:02 AM

Hi,

My itinerary is as follows:

Day 1:Arrive Zurich at 615am and take Black Forest Rhine Falls by taking excursion from 1230pm to 7pm.

Day 2:Apartment stay at Interlaken for 1 week.

Zurich to Lucerne , Mt Pilatus and then Interlaken by golden Pass line

Day 3:Bern/Geneva

Day 4 Jungfrau/Trummelbach falls

Day 5:Zermatt/matterhorn

Day 6:Grindelwald/Ballenburg Museum

Day 7:Montreux:Chillon castle/Gruyeres/Cailler factory

Day 8::Basel

Day 9:Zurich

Day 10:Return back by early morning flight

I will take the 8 day Swiss Pass and 1 day Zurich card.

I need to suggestions as I was interested to see the following and how the same can be included:

1. Gstaad

2. Meiringen

3. Murren

4. Thun

5. Brunnen

6.St.Gallen

7. Davos

8.St.Moritz

9. Lugano

10 Pfaffikon

11.Baden

12.Rapperswil

13.Neuchatel

14.La Chaux -de-Fonds

15.Fribourg

16.Lausanne

17.Lavaux

18.Morges

19.Nyon

20.Vevey

21.Villars-sur-Ollon

22.Muttenz

23.Anzere

24.Crans Montana

25.Lotschental

26.Saint Maurice

I look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,

Sanjay.

Annika
Annika
4415 posts
expert &
Apr 19, 2015 - 2:03 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Sanjay! Let's take a look at your itinerary. There are some things to consider. First of all, I notice that you've included quite some city trips. If that's your main interest that's fine of course, but if you want to enjoy Swiss nature, you may want to skip some cities (and keep them in mind as bad weather alternatives) and include scenic mountain trips instead. Some of the attractions and towns you want to visit, such as Geneva, Montreux and Zermatt, require long traveling times from Interlaken. Please consult the timetable for details. You'll have a much more relaxed travel pace if you focus on the Bernese Oberland and only make a few longer side trips.

In any case, you won't be able to visit the additional places of interested you've listed. Only the ones close to Interlaken could be included, like Meiringen, Mürren, Thun and maybe Gstaad.

These planning tips may be of further help.

sanjay
sanjay
13 posts
Apr 20, 2015 - 6:27 PM in reply to Annika

Hi Annika,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I have the following query.

I am landing Zurich at 6 15 am and will be taking the Black forest and Rhine falls excursion starting at12 30 pm and returning at 7pm.

Please let me know:

1.Whether I should take Zurich card as my Swiss pass will start from the next day(I have total 9 days)

2.What can I see in Zurich as some time in morning and evening will be available

3.Someone has recommended Cafe Sprungli for breakfast.I would like to have your view.

4.Please recommend a restaurant for dinner in Zurich West as I will be staying there

5.Please also recommend a nice discotheque/pub in Zurich west.

Best Regards,

Sanjay

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Apr 20, 2015 - 6:39 PM

Hi Sanjay,

1. That depends on whether you'll be visiting museums and traveling in town a lot. Everything is pretty much within walking distance in the town center (between the rail station and the lake), so you don't need transportation there. Also see myswissalps.com/ zurich/travel please.

2. Suggestions are on the Zurich page. Also see the What to do-section on that page please. I would certainly include a boat trip.

I can't answer the other questions, sorry.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016