10 day Switzerland trip:Suggestions required

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2015 at 9:02:54 #807100

Hi,

My itinerary is as follows:

Day 1:Arrive Zurich at 615am and take Black Forest Rhine Falls by taking excursion from 1230pm to 7pm.

Day 2:Apartment stay at Interlaken for 1 week.

Zurich to Lucerne , Mt Pilatus and then Interlaken by golden Pass line

Day 3:Bern/Geneva

Day 4 Jungfrau/Trummelbach falls

Day 5:Zermatt/matterhorn

Day 6:Grindelwald/Ballenburg Museum

Day 7:Montreux:Chillon castle/Gruyeres/Cailler factory

Day 8::Basel

Day 9:Zurich

Day 10:Return back by early morning flight

I will take the 8 day Swiss Pass and 1 day Zurich card.

I need to suggestions as I was interested to see the following and how the same can be included:

1. Gstaad

2. Meiringen

3. Murren

4. Thun

5. Brunnen

6.St.Gallen

7. Davos

8.St.Moritz

9. Lugano

10 Pfaffikon

11.Baden

12.Rapperswil

13.Neuchatel

14.La Chaux -de-Fonds

15.Fribourg

16.Lausanne

17.Lavaux

18.Morges

19.Nyon

20.Vevey

21.Villars-sur-Ollon

22.Muttenz

23.Anzere

24.Crans Montana

25.Lotschental

26.Saint Maurice

I look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,

Sanjay.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    19 April 2015 at 14:03:12 #842604

Welcome to MySwissAlps, Sanjay! Let’s take a look at your itinerary. There are some things to consider. First of all, I notice that you’ve included quite some city trips. If that’s your main interest that’s fine of course, but if you want to enjoy Swiss nature, you may want to skip some cities (and keep them in mind as bad weather alternatives) and include scenic mountain trips instead. Some of the attractions and towns you want to visit, such as Geneva, Montreux and Zermatt, require long traveling times from Interlaken. Please consult the timetable for details. You’ll have a much more relaxed travel pace if you focus on the Bernese Oberland and only make a few longer side trips.

In any case, you won’t be able to visit the additional places of interested you’ve listed. Only the ones close to Interlaken could be included, like Meiringen, Mürren, Thun and maybe Gstaad.

These planning tips may be of further help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2015 at 18:27:59 #842605

Hi Annika,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I have the following query.

I am landing Zurich at 6 15 am and will be taking the Black forest and Rhine falls excursion starting at12 30 pm and returning at 7pm.

Please let me know:

1.Whether I should take Zurich card as my Swiss pass will start from the next day(I have total 9 days)

2.What can I see in Zurich as some time in morning and evening will be available

3.Someone has recommended Cafe Sprungli for breakfast.I would like to have your view.

4.Please recommend a restaurant for dinner in Zurich West as I will be staying there

5.Please also recommend a nice discotheque/pub in Zurich west.

Best Regards,

Sanjay

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 April 2015 at 18:39:13 #842606

Hi Sanjay,

1. That depends on whether you’ll be visiting museums and traveling in town a lot. Everything is pretty much within walking distance in the town center (between the rail station and the lake), so you don’t need transportation there. Also see myswissalps.com/ zurich/travel please.

2. Suggestions are on the Zurich page. Also see the What to do-section on that page please. I would certainly include a boat trip.

I can’t answer the other questions, sorry.

• The thread ‘10 day Switzerland trip:Suggestions required’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.