10 days in and around Sion Train Passes

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2014 at 15:50:26 #806629

My family and I have booked a relations appartment ( 2 adults- over 25, 2 kids under 16) and are staying at Nendaz for 10 days, not too far from Sion – being the nearest train station, we are arriving from Geneva and travelling by train to Sion then getting the post bus to Nendaz, we are also planning on using the train most days to visit other towns and villages, such as Interlaken, Grindlewald, ( I understand these are long trips – we have been told by relations to visit this area if we can) and various villages nearer where we are staying, such as Sion itself. My question is as we are staying 10 days ( two of which we are arriving and leaving ) which pass would be suitable , I have looked at the flexi pass but it only goes up to six days ‘ allowed travelling, and the Swiss pass as far as I can make out, you have to travel every day. Also can the passes be used on post busses? Thank you for your time.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    9 September 2014 at 5:27:47 #841026

Hi jjchd,

Thanks for your post! Actually the Swiss Flexi Pass is available for up to 6 free travel days, but the days don’t need to be consecutive. You will get a 50% discount on tickets on the days in between. All the details, prices, a validity map and more can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swissflexipass

I think the Swiss Flexi Pass fits your plans really well. You can use two days to travel to Nendaz and back to Geneva, 4 days for your longer day trips, and get discounted tickets for shorter trips. The kids will travel for free with the free Swiss Family Card. Post buses are included. A few of them require a supplement. If you prefer free unlimited traveling on all days, you can look into the Swiss Pass. A 15-day pass is not much more expensive than a 6-day Swiss Flexi Pass. This guide explains how to calculate which option is cheaper.

• The thread ‘10 days in and around Sion Train Passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.