10 Days in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2015 at 15:52:30 #807175

Please guide if this looks good. we are more scenery, greenary kind of guys.. want to stay more in alps then city.. based on we made this custom itenerary for 10 days. please if you can guide will really help.

Arrival – Zurich (Jun-2, same day transfer) > Lucerne (Jun-2,3,4) > Jun-4 evening @ Bern for 3-4 hours > Back to Lucerne > Interlaken (Jun-5,6,7 Golden Pass) > Montreux (Jun-8 Golden Pass) > Zermatt (Jun-9) > St Moritz (Jun-10)(Whole day in Train 8 hr long Glacier Express) > Zurich (Jun-11) – Departure

Will be travelling with 3 Kids (7year, 4year, 10Month infant)

Any guide to hotel in Wengen at Interlaken and Lucerne and other places close to Rail station will help

Thanks in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    4 May 2015 at 14:21:33 #842866

Hi immipathan!

If the Alps are your main focus, you’ve certainly picked the right towns for your overnight stays. You can make splendid day trips especially from Lucerne, Interlaken, St. Moritz and Zermatt. Your itinerary does involve a lot of transfer journeys though, and you’ll have to spend time on packing/unpacking and checking in and out each time you switch hotels. So you may want to cut down on your base towns. For example, skip Montreux and travel straight to Zermatt from Interlaken, using the scenic BLS Lötschberg train if you like (enter ‘Goppenstein’ in the timetable for details on this route). This allows you to spend an extra day in Zermatt, which is ideal of you want to explore the Alps. And Bern is very nice, but if weather is nice, you’d better stick to the Lucerne region and not spend this time on traveling to and from Bern. It’s a fine bad weather alternative though.

Our selections of hotels close to the rail stations can be found through these links:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2015 at 15:34:23 #842867

Hi Annika thanks a lot for the quick response, so what i hear from you is you prefer zermatt over Montreux!

i will be storing all my luggage at Zebra Box location close to Airport is this recommended?

Also i intend to stay originally in Alps at wengen and lucerne area cz i love scenary buy since with kids it will be difficult to get up n down to go to different places, so i opt for the hotels close to rail station. For wengen jenfraujoch i still lean to stay in the alps any specific chalet or hotel you recommend to get sceniec views while stay…

thanks a lot in advance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2015 at 15:36:31 #842868

Also guide on scenic spots in Bern would be a big help to further make a mind in that area.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 May 2015 at 7:12:40 #842869

Hi immipathan,

Please see here for a discussion about hotels in Wengen. For sightseeing suggestions in Bern, please see myswissalps.com/bern. I don’t know about Zebra Box, sorry.

• The thread ‘10 Days in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.