$100 off Swiss Passes for U.S./Canadian travelers

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 November 2010 at 13:00:03 #804050

Moderator Arno mentioned in a posting on 11/7

“Our partner Rail Europe currently offers travelers from the US and Canada a $100 discount on any order over $200 which includes a Swiss Pass, Swiss Saver Pass, Swiss Flexi Pass, Swiss Saver Flexi Pass or Swiss Youth Pass. To get the discount, just enter the promotion code SWISS100while ordering.

This offer has no fixed end date. It is only valid while supplies last.

You can order passes for 6 months in advance, so you can use this offer for trips planned in 2010 and Spring 2011. “

However I have not been able to find any such discount on the Rail Europe site as I proceed through checkout. Also having trouble with checkout as at certain points my browser says the server cannot find the page.

Is there another way to book a Swiss Pass and get this discount?

Thanks,

Colleen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 November 2010 at 14:18:42 #831954

Hi Colleen, and welcome here!

There was indeed a special offer, but it expired a few days later. Probably because they sold a lot of those discounted passes. I am not aware of any similar offers that are currently valid. I just tried Rail Europe's checkout process up until the payment part and did not find any problems. The errors you mentioned usually indicate a temporary technical issue. You can order through Switzerland Travel Centre as well. However, assuming that you’re a US citizen, Rail Europe would be your cheapest option.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 November 2010 at 14:22:12 #831955

Oh darn, sorry I missed that discount. Thanks Arno!!

• The thread ‘$100 off Swiss Passes for U.S./Canadian travelers’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.