12 days Swiss itinerary + travelling with 2yr old

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2017 at 14:59:19 #811300

I will be travelling with my 2year old daughter by then to Swiss from mid Oct to end Oct.

Here are the questions…

1) What kind of weather will we be expecting?

2) I am thinking of the following travelling route. Appreciate for your kind guidance/ comments.

Day 1 -3: Zurich

Day 3-5: Lucerne

Day 5-7: Interlaken (not sure if the altitiude is suitable for my daughter if we go up to Jungfrau, will check with family doctor)

Day 7- 9: Zermatt

Day 9-11: Bern

Day 12: Zurich (Departing)

3) Any recommendations on what to do in Swiss with young children?

4) Since my travel is only 12 days, will it make sense to buy 8 or 15 days swiss travel pass?

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 April 2017 at 5:45:03 #861081

Welcome to MySwissAlps Ledtrust!

1) That’s a really hard question for Switzerland 🙂 It won’t be hot, but anything from pleasantly warm to rain and snow is a possibility. Please see our weather page for tips.

2) Personally I would not stay in Zurich but add those days to Lucerne and Interlaken. Also I would not stay in Bern. Bern can be visited as a day trip from Interlaken. A short Zurich visit can be done upon arrival, before departure or as a day trip from Lucerne. Not changing hotels so much saves time and is more comfortable with a small child. But, these are just my thoughts of course! Please see the linked town pages for further details.

3) Not specifically. There’s a lot to do that’s really nice for both adults and children: easy walks, boat trips, the interactive transport museums, the open air museum with animals and chocolate making, etc.

4) With an 8-day pass you’ll have no pass for 4 days. You’ll have a 15-day pass for only CHF 82 extra (CHF 20.50 per day). That’s what I would do. Please see myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price for the options.

I hope this was useful!

• The thread ‘12 days Swiss itinerary + travelling with 2yr old’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.