1st and 2nd class in Swiss Travel pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2017 at 3:54:18 #810543

Hi, may I know the difference between 1st and 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2017 at 7:37:46 #857921

Hi IviLeong1980,

Take a look here for the comparison on 1st and 2nd class on Swiss trains. 1st class isn’t generally worth it in my opinion. Sometimes you get a little larger window or seat but on local intercity trains I can’t really see a difference.

It is nice if you have a lot of luggage and want somewhere quiet to sit and relax (the 1st class train cars are often nearly empty).

I did go on 1st class on the Glacier Express train and thought it was worth it but 2nd class there isn’t a bad experience either! 🙂 You can also choose to upgrade your Swiss Travel Pass to 1st class for individual trains if you decide you want 1st class later.

Regards
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 January 2017 at 9:25:15 #857922

Dear Lucas,

Thanks for your reply.

• The thread ‘1st and 2nd class in Swiss Travel pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.