1st or 2nd Class Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 September 2016 at 11:10:49 #810042

Hello. I looked through the website a bit and didn’t see information on the benefits of 1st class vs 2nd class passes. Would someone direct me to a forum message or post info on why I should buy which? We would be buying 15 day flex passes.

Thanks very much.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    6 September 2016 at 11:29:44 #855749

Hi Katiecrader, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You’ll find it here: myswissalps.com/ train/practical/ 2nd1stclass.

The search box in the top of the site allows you to find lots of information. Just let us know if any questions remain!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 September 2016 at 13:49:25 #855750

Hi Katiecrader-

I routinely use 2nd class, unless I am traveling near the main cities during commuter rush hours. And, if I am making a long trip…say Zürich to Locarno, or Geneva to St/Gall, I’ll take first class for the extra room and, commonly. seats that recline a bit. …I have long legs and a sore back..

I use a half fare card, so I can choose.

Probably, with a 2nd class Flex pass, you would be able to buy a first class upgrade for a particular trip, if you wished to…It works for the Swiss Travel Pass.

Arno would have to confirm, if that is not already answered in the link that he gave you.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘1st or 2nd Class Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.