2 day Trip to Switzerland in mid Jan”13

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 December 2012 at 3:29:17 #805729

Hi,
    I am planning to visit Switzerland in Jan for 2 days i.e 16th and 17th. 2 days is a short time but I want to know how to get the best of it.This will be my first time in Switzerland.Can some please help me with the must see places as I am confused.I am travelling from Hanover and am interested in the scenic beauty i.e snow clad mountains,small villages etc.I have heard staying in Lucerne is a good idea and also should visit Jungfrajoch,other places being Lugano,Locarno, Gandria and Ascona. But I cant figure out where to stay and what to visit.

Thanks in advance for your response.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 December 2012 at 5:30:56 #837860

Hi Abhinav,

With such limited time available, I would recommend to pick one base town. The latter four you mentioned are more interesting in Spring I think. Lucerne would indeed be a good base. It’s a beautiful town and there are plenty of excursions you can do from there. If you’re interested in visiting the Jungfraujoch (which is indeed impressive), I would suggest to stay in a small town near Interlaken (e.g. Lauterbrunnen, Wilderswil, Grindelwald, Mürren, Wengen). Otherwise you would be spending too much time traveling there from Lucerne. It would be good to look into the Swiss Card or Swiss Half Fare Card. Hotels can be found here. Traveling times can be found in the timetable.

I hope this gets you started.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 December 2012 at 0:25:06 #837861

Thanks a lot Arno for the advice.

• The thread ‘2 day Trip to Switzerland in mid Jan”13’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.