2 day Trip to Switzerland in mid Jan'13

2 day Trip to Switzerland in mid Jan'13

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Abhinav
Abhinav
2 posts
Dec 27, 2012 - 4:29 AM
Hi,
I am planning to visit Switzerland in Jan for 2 days i.e 16th and 17th. 2 days is a short time but I want to know how to get the best of it.This will be my first time in Switzerland.Can some please help me with the must see places as I am confused.I am travelling from Hanover and am interested in the scenic beauty i.e snow clad mountains,small villages etc.I have heard staying in Lucerne is a good idea and also should visit Jungfrajoch,other places being Lugano,Locarno, Gandria and Ascona. But I cant figure out where to stay and what to visit.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Arno
Arno
7341 posts
expert &
Dec 29, 2012 - 5:30 AM
Hi Abhinav,

With such limited time available, I would recommend to pick one base town. The latter four you mentioned are more interesting in Spring I think. Lucerne would indeed be a good base. It's a beautiful town and there are plenty of excursions you can do from there. If you're interested in visiting the Jungfraujoch (which is indeed impressive), I would suggest to stay in a small town near Interlaken (e.g. Lauterbrunnen, Wilderswil, Grindelwald, Mürren, Wengen). Otherwise you would be spending too much time traveling there from Lucerne. It would be good to look into the Swiss Card or Swiss Half Fare Card. Hotels can be found here. Traveling times can be found in the timetable.

I hope this gets you started.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:31 PM by Arno
Abhinav
Abhinav
2 posts
Dec 31, 2012 - 12:25 AM
Thanks a lot Arno for the advice.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016