2 days in Interlaken- late December

2 days in Interlaken- late December

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
nidhi13
nidhi13
3 posts
Sep 11, 2016 - 11:13 PM

Hi,

Me and my husband are planning to stay in Interlaken for 2 nights. We are not trained to do ski and are looking for things we can do in and around Interlaken.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Arno
Arno
7707 posts
expert &
Sep 12, 2016 - 7:19 AM

Hi nidhi13, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You'll find lots of suggestions on our Interlaken page. Just be aware that most hiking trails in the mountains will be inaccessible in December. Only winter trails will be open, like Grütschalp to Mürren.

nidhi13
nidhi13
3 posts
Sep 12, 2016 - 6:03 PM

Hi Amo,

thanks for the quick response! I went through the list of attractions and activities on your page but not sure which ones would be suitable for December. Would need your help in identifying those options.

Point taken on winter hikes :)

thanks!

Arno
Arno
7707 posts
expert &
Sep 12, 2016 - 6:21 PM in reply to nidhi13

Hi nidhi13,

You will have to check the timetable (this one, or check the links on each attraction page) for places you're interested in. Train timetables for late December will be available from about mid October I guess. In general I can say this: the major attractions like Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch will be open, and many lifts as well as you'll be there during the busiest weeks on the year (start of the ski season and Christmas). Boats will operate on a very limited schedule. Cogwheel trains to non-ski areas like Schynige Platte, Brienzer Rothorn and Niesen will be closed. Details can be found in the timetable.

nidhi13
nidhi13
3 posts
Sep 12, 2016 - 9:18 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Amo.....your response was very useful :)

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016