2 days in Lucerne. Titlis or Pilatus?

2 days in Lucerne. Titlis or Pilatus?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
gusigu
gusigu
15 posts
Dec 17, 2015 - 9:37 PM

Hi again!

Lucerne is beautiful!! And we have 2 days..in two days both excursion out one..which?

Thanks again and happy about the trip that has begun!

Gustavo

Penguins
Penguins
3 posts
Dec 18, 2015 - 3:52 AM in reply to gusigu

TITLIS by far!

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2659 posts
expert
Dec 18, 2015 - 7:31 AM in reply to gusigu

Hi Gusigu -

You'll like either one, no matter which you choose.

Looks like you will have some sunshine today, and the clouds don't look like they'll be a problem. Nice break in the clouds over the Rigi, too.

I'm curious about how your 13 year old reacts to the trip. Teenagers are hard to predict. ;-).

Could you let us know after a few days?

Slowpoke.

gusigu
gusigu
15 posts
Dec 18, 2015 - 8:52 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Hi! Good morning! Morning for rigi or titlis:)?

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2659 posts
expert
Dec 18, 2015 - 3:41 PM in reply to gusigu

<<"gusigu13postsnew memberDec 18, 2015 - 8:52 AMin reply to SlowpokeHi! Good morning! Morning for rigi or titlis:)?">>

They are different. Ask at the tourist info by track #1 in the main station.

Either one will be nice. Rigi has some nice walks, for example from Rigi Kulm (the top) to Rigi Kaltbad, tghen train down to Vitgzna. . Look at a map. It is a less rugged mountain that the other two. Access from Vitznau or Arth Goldau

Titlis is more a high alpine experience, as is Pilatus.

Slowpoke

Last modified on Dec 18, 2015 - 3:43 PM by Slowpoke
gusigu
gusigu
15 posts
Dec 18, 2015 - 7:38 PM in reply to Slowpoke

Hi!

Was titlis the winner and was fantastic!

Tomorrow rigis perhaps.I want...

Thanks again and till next post!

Thanks thanks

Gustavo

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2659 posts
expert
Dec 18, 2015 - 9:10 PM in reply to gusigu

Glad you liked Titlis.

I misspelled Vitznau once in the last post.

For the Rigi, you might see if your schedule will permit a lake boat to Vitznau, then the cograil to the top.

From the top, you can walk as I noted earlier to Rigi Kaltbad (which swings out away from the tracks from near Rihi Staffelhöhe to great views of the lake and Luzern (on a clear day), then catch the cograil down to Vitznau ...bus+train or boat from there back to Luzern.

Another option - Catch the other cograil up to the top from Arth-Goldau (or ride it down). At Arth-Goldau there are excellent train connections to/from Luzern.

Many like the cable car to/from Rigi Kaltbad down to Weggis. The problem is that the valley station ( Talstation) of the cable car is about 15-20 minutes walk well above the boat dock and bus stop. So, you have to allow for that walk if you use that cable car. I use it all the time, but that is when I have a car to get me to the parking lot by the Valley station.

So, there are a lot of ways to put that trip together. Tourist office could help.

Have fun.

Slowpoke.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016