2 Days in Switzerland.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 March 2013 at 5:42:26 #805858

Hi,

I just have two days in Switzerland and there are so many places to visit!! Please help me draw up a itienary for my travel. My place of interest are

Day 1 Zurich-Rhine fall- Bern
    Day 2 Bern- Interlaken- Grindelwald- Geneva

1. I plan to take a train from Amsterdam on 22nd March; can you please suggest which should be my port of entry for Switzerland. I don’t want to spend a lot of time travelling

2. If i enter Switzerland through Zurich, How do I reach Rhine fall and back to Bern?

3. Is Interlaken- Grindelwald doable in a days time. I plan to return to Geneva by 5 in the evening.

4. Is there a rail pass which would cover my travel from Amsterdam to Zurich and my travel in Switzerland. Also, I plan to go to Paris from Geneva.

Looking forward to your suggestions and help.

Thanks.
    Smruti

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    13 March 2013 at 9:12:17 #838252

Hi Smruti,

1. From Amsterdam you’d be arriving in Basel.

2. & 3. The timetable helps to plan trips and see what’s doable.

4. If you prefer unlimited traveling in Switzerland, without buying tickets, a 3-day Swiss Flexi Pass is the cheapest option. A Swiss Half Fare Card will probably be the cheapest option if you make the calculations. The tickets from Amsterdam to Basel and Geneva to Paris should be booked in advance. I would advice to do so as soon as possible as your travel date is approaching. As you live in India, you can get the tickets here.

I would assume the option above to be the best one. There is no pass that covers The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and France. A Eurail Select Pass would cover The Netherlands, Germany and Switzerland, and another option is the France-Switzerland Pass.

You’re timeframe is very limited. I would prefer to focus on the mountains, rather than Bern and the Rhine falls (also see this topic), which are not in the Alps. For example: travel from Basel to Lucerne on your first day. Do a mountain trip from there. In the evening, take a train to Interlaken via Meiringen. On day 2 you could visit Grindelwald, and then travel to Geneva via Zweisimmen and Montreux.

Hotels near the rail stations can be found here.

• The thread ‘2 Days in Switzerland.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.