2 days in Zurich near Christmas – any suggestions?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 October 2011 at 2:53:15 #804747

Hi I am Leen from Singapore. I’m planning to fly into Zurich from London on the 23/12 and staying at Moevenpick Hotel Airport. I am returning to Singapore on the 25/12 around Midday. Any suggestions on what to do these almost 2 full days?
    I am planning to go visit a christmas market on 23/12 and take a day tour to Mount Titlis on the 24/12 ( is this a good time or will tour be closed since its christmas eve?) Any suggestions on the best christmas markets to go in Zurich and how to get there from my hotel?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 October 2011 at 17:48:54 #834377

Hi there, Leen, the biggest Christmas market in Zurich is in the main railway station concourse in Zurich and is very good. Would also suggest you take short train trip to Winterthur (trains go from airport station as well as main station) – we found two excellent markets there last year. Anyone interested in Christmas markets in Switzerland can find information on website – Christmasmarkets.com and Myswitzerland.com Maggie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2011 at 21:51:44 #834378

HI Maggi,
    Great! I will definitely look them up. Any idea if tour operations to Mt Titlis is cancelled /suspended on christmas eve or it will still be ongoing? Thinking of taking the tour either on 23rd or 24th Dec. Thanks!
    Leen

Annika
    7121 posts
    18 October 2011 at 3:08:10 #834379

Hi fazzy05. The Titlis timetable can be found here. The cable car runs just as on all other days in winter, which is up to 4 pm. You can contact them to ask if there are special events on December 23 or 24.

• The thread ‘2 days in Zurich near Christmas – any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.