2 Days to visit Lauterbrunnen and Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2016 at 14:16:58 #809488

Hi all,

I’m very happy found this website. It provide many information about Lucerne and Lautebrunnen.

My Wife and I are coming to Switzerland 7 – 9 July. We will arrive in Basel at 08:15AM. Then take train from Basel to Lauterbrunnen at 08:59AM. We will arrive around 11.25AM. I’m planning to visit Jungfraujoch, Schiltorn (is it possible? in our way back from jungfraujoch), Trummelbach falls and stay in Lauterbrunnen for first day.

Next morning we will take train from Lauterbrunnen to Lucerne at 06:33AM. We will arrive at 08.55AM. We will take 2hours city tour (viator.com) from 09.45Am to 11.45AM. After that we will go to Titlis. And we will stay in Lucerne for the 2nd day.

Next morning i will take train from Lucerne to Milan

My question is:

1. Is it possible to do my itinerary? Do you have suggestion / advice to make my journey better?

2. For the first day, which one i should visit first? Jungfraujoch -> Schiltorn -> Trummelbach?

3. In Jungfrau and Titlis is there any shoes and jacket rent? I have plan to go to snow park.

4. Can we enjoy sunset in titlis or jungfrau?

Thank you for any help and advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 June 2016 at 18:27:08 #853282

Hi quincy,

I’m glad you found us! Let’s look into your questions:

1./2. You only have one afternoon on day 1. You can visit one of the mountains, not both. If you don’t stay too long you can possibly visit the Trümmelbach Falls too (they close at 6 PM). Please check the Jungfraujoch and Schilthorn pages, and the timetable, so you know what to expect and how to schedule this.

3. There is no snow park on the Schilthorn, but there is one on Jungfraujoch. I am not sure if they rent anything on the top. You can rent stuff in Lauterbrunnen, here for example: http://www.intersportrent.com /en/ch/skirental-lauterbrunnen/interspo rt-alpia-sport–mode-lauterbrunnen_s11206. You have a tight schedule though. I wouldn’t spend time on that and go straight to Jungfraujoch with my own waterproof jacket and shoes.

4. No, the last ride down will be well before sunset. You can only do so during special dinner events. Please see http://www.titlis.ch/en/event s/details/CandleLight+ Dinner/294?time=1469307600.

By the way, you don’t need to wait in Basel that long. You can take the 8:31 AM train and arrive in Lauterbrunnen half an hour earlier. I’m not sure which rail pass you’ll be using, but be sure to print it at home so you won’t have to spend time on that in Basel and go straight to your train. Purchase options for the Swiss Travel Pass are here.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    20 June 2016 at 23:39:47 #853283

Hi Quincy-

Arno said it politely. I’ll say it plainly. You have planned to do too much for the time available.

Reduce the number of events, take your time, and you will enjoy your trip a lot more.

Come back again, on another trip, when you have more time. Consider this trip to be a preliminary exploration of what is available.

Just my opinion. 😉

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘2 Days to visit Lauterbrunnen and Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.