2 for 1 offer Swiss Regional Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2012 at 1:41:13 #837145

Hi

I am planing to visit Swiss for 6days during September, and planning to buy 4days Swiss pass as well. My question is to get offer for Swiss pass should it be within that selected period of the pass? Please explain. Assume I consume Swiss pass first 4 days, and I need to go Mt Pilatus, Titlis, or Top of Europe at 5th day, then will I get discount for used Swiss pass.

Can I buy 2 for 1 Swiss Pass at Swiss railway station, or need to buy through online, if so how many days will take to send to UAE (Dubai).
    Are there differences 2 for 1 offer Swiss pass and Swiss pass? If so what are the differences.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2012 at 2:17:34 #837146

We have received our passes which have what I assume is the start date already printed out on the top left of them of the 01/09/2012.
    There is no where else to put in a start date, just the spaces for the three free days of travel.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 August 2012 at 3:57:32 #837147

[quote]Kamal said: Hi

I am planing to visit Swiss for 6days during September, and planning to buy 4days Swiss pass as well. My question is to get offer for Swiss pass should it be within that selected period of the pass? Please explain. Assume I consume Swiss pass first 4 days, and I need to go Mt Pilatus, Titlis, or Top of Europe at 5th day, then will I get discount for used Swiss pass.

Can I buy 2 for 1 Swiss Pass at Swiss railway station, or need to buy through online, if so how many days will take to send to UAE (Dubai).
    Are there differences 2 for 1 offer Swiss pass and Swiss pass? If so what are the differences.[/quote]

Hi Kamal,

I guess you need the 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for your 6-day stay. That would provide 4 free travel days and 2 days of discounted traveling. The 2-for-1 offer just provides a discount, the pass you’ll get is a regular pass. Please check this page for details about the pass, including points of sale (on the right side) with shipping details and prices, and a downloadable map showing what’s covered.

Please post further questions about this in this related topic. The current topic is about a different rail pass.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 August 2012 at 3:58:36 #837148

[quote]benrudd1 said: We have received our passes which have what I assume is the start date already printed out on the top left of them of the 01/09/2012.
    There is no where else to put in a start date, just the spaces for the three free days of travel.[/quote]

Hi benrudd1,

I’m sorry to hear so! I’m not sure where you purchased but I would advice to contact that reseller and ask them to solve this.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2012 at 8:31:16 #837149

[quote]Arno said: [quote]Kamal said: Hi
    Are there differences 2 for 1 offer Swiss pass and Swiss pass? If so what are the differences.[/quote]
    Hi Kamal,
    I guess you need the 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for your 6-day stay. That would provide 4 free travel days and 2 days of discounted traveling. The 2-for-1 offer just provides a discount, the pass you’ll get is a regular pass. Please check this page for details about the pass, including points of sale (on the right side) with shipping details and prices, and a downloadable map showing what’s covered.
    Please post further questions about this in this related topic. The current topic is about a different rail pass.[/quote]

Hi

Also, I noticed that as per transport map, http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses there are broken red lines in between interlaken to Zermatt.
    Is that mean I need to pay extra if I want to go to Zermatt from Interlaken, or else is it totally free.
    What does mean of this Lines with discount and given different color. Please clarify.
    This is applicable for all the swiss pass as per that map.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 August 2012 at 12:17:24 #837150

Hi Kamal,

That’s just to indicate a tunnel, but it’s free as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 August 2012 at 15:40:04 #837151

[quote]Arno said: Hi Kamal,

That’s just to indicate a tunnel, but it’s free as well.[/quote]

Thank you so much for quick response and clarification.
    Just a another quick question. When I am booking a pass, it request a date. Is it possible to change dates in case if I will change my plan? may be it for a day or couple of days change.

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 August 2012 at 15:50:47 #837152

Hi Kamal,

You’re most welcome! A Swiss Saver Flexi Pass will usually have a one-month time frame printed on it (as described in this topic). The free travel days can be selected freely, so that allows you to have your first travel day a bit later. The timeframe still ends on the date printed on the pass though.

Again I want to request you to please post further questions about this in this related topic. The current topic is about a different rail pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 August 2012 at 8:23:17 #837153

Hi,

I would like to ask what is the best route to travel from Bern to Wengen?

I have purchased the Berner Oberland pass and based on the rail network covered by this pass, I got 50% discount from Bern to Thun, and it’s free from Thun to Interlaken to Wengen.

So is that mean I have to buy ticket from Bern to Thun first, and then transfer from Thun to Interlaken?

Can I buy direct ticket from Bern to Interlaken? Do I get any discount for this ?

Thank you.

Annika
    7104 posts
    27 August 2012 at 3:59:15 #837154

Hello yului83. You can find the route in the Swiss timetable. As for tickets: you’ll need a 50% discounted ticket from Bern to Thun. If you use a free travel day on your Regional-Pass, the trip to Wengen will be for free from Thun onward, so you won’t need another ticket for this leg. If you use a discounted travel day, you also need a 50% discounted ticket for Thun-Wengen (so in this case you can also buy one discounted ticket for the entire leg Bern-Wengen).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 September 2012 at 14:12:16 #837155

Hello. My husband and I will be in Switzerland 16-Sept thru 22-Sept. I would like to purchase the 2-for-1 Bernese Oberland Pass for that time period. But we are leaving in less than a week to start our cross Europe trip. Is it possible to have the pass waiting for pickup at a rail station? Or can we purchase the passes when we arrive in Switzerland?

Thank you
    Becky

Annika
    7104 posts
    7 September 2012 at 14:24:32 #837156

Hi Becky! The 2 for 1 offer has to be purchased online. Estimated delivery dates can be found in our purchase overview in the upper right corner of the Regional Pass-page. Enter your country and click ‘Show more information’. If you’re not able to receive the pass at your home address in time, you can have it shipped to Switzerland. Pick-up at a rail station isn’t an option, but delivery to your hotel or holiday apartment is. You can ask the hotel personnel to receive and hold the passes for you.

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Regional Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.