2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2012 at 2:34:27 #837604

Hi Arno,
    By mistake, I made the reservation for the Golden Pass Panoramic train twice. I read in the terms and conditions that it is not refundable or transferable.

Are there any other options that you are aware of?

Thanks,
    Dinesh

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2012 at 2:58:44 #837605

Hi,
    I’m a resident of the US. Can I buy the ticket from US and have it delivered to my friends home in Switzerland? Are there websites that provide such an option?
    Thanks,
    Dinesh
    [quote]Arno said: Hi Dinesh,

Actually, there’s no need to book seats for that trip. But if you want to, you indeed need to pay an additional amount. Seat reservations are not included in the pass, just the traveling is. Are you a US resident? If not, you’re probably better off booking on one of the other Rail Europe websites. Please find the right website on the right side of the Swiss Pass page by filling out your country, travelers and desired pass. Just press the button and book your pass, and seat reservations if necessary, from the website that opens.
    [quote]kavidinesh said: Hi Moderator,
    I tried to reserve tickets in RailEurope.com using the Swiss Pass for the trip from Lausanne to Zurich and it is still asking me to pay about $48 dollars for a 1st class fare. Shouldn’t this be free since I’m using the Swiss Pass?
    Thanks,
    Dinesh[/quote][/quote]

Annika
    7124 posts
    29 April 2012 at 9:48:27 #837606

Hello Dinesh. You can best contact the reseller you used for your Golden Pass seat reservation and explain your situation. They may be able to still cancel one of your reservations. As for delivery to Switzerland: yes, that’s an option. Just get to our partner Switzerland Travel Centre using the link I made and fill out your order. At the end, fill out your own address as billing address and enter the address of your friends in Switzerland for delivery.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2012 at 13:47:39 #837607

Hi Annika,
    How many days does it take for the pass to be delivered to your delivery address, if I book it through the Switzerland Travel Centre?

Thanks,
    Dinesh

[quote]Annika said: Hello Dinesh. You can best contact the reseller you used for your Golden Pass seat reservation and explain your situation. They may be able to still cancel one of your reservations. As for delivery to Switzerland: yes, that’s an option. Just get to our partner Switzerland Travel Centre using the link I made and fill out your order. At the end, fill out your own address as billing address and enter the address of your friends in Switzerland for delivery.[/quote]

Annika
    7124 posts
    29 April 2012 at 14:20:40 #837608

Delivery to Switzerland takes 2 business days.

[quote]kavidinesh said: Hi Annika,
    How many days does it take for the pass to be delivered to your delivery address, if I book it through the Switzerland Travel Centre?

Thanks,
    Dinesh

[quote]Annika said: Hello Dinesh. You can best contact the reseller you used for your Golden Pass seat reservation and explain your situation. They may be able to still cancel one of your reservations. As for delivery to Switzerland: yes, that’s an option. Just get to our partner Switzerland Travel Centre using the link I made and fill out your order. At the end, fill out your own address as billing address and enter the address of your friends in Switzerland for delivery.[/quote][/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2012 at 2:23:47 #837609

Hi ,
    I tried to book my tickets from Zurich to Venice using https://www.sbb.ch and in the section Reduction for Switzerland – I chose GA1 1st class, since I plan to use a Swiss Flexi Pass for that day.

Is that the correct choice for the pass? I didn’t see anything specific to Swiss pass in the dropdown. Please advise

Thanks,
    Dinesh

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 April 2012 at 8:03:25 #837610

That’s correct Dinesh, assuming you have a 1st class Swiss Flexi Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2012 at 11:50:48 #837611

Hello Moderator,

Thank you for your information. I see that the flexi pass cannot be used for day of travel – but wanted to check, found this on the eurorail website
    http://www.raileurope. com/rail-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html

it shows offer code for 1st class based on 2nd class tickets – i did not see any date cutoffs, wanted to just double check with you to see if this can be valid for travel time between june 4th to june 11th- the 8 day pass.

Also needed a bit of your help on what things to check out

June 4th – land at Zurich airport and then need to take a train to get to Interlaken
    June 4-5th – at Interlaken (what things should we check out while there)
    june 5th- Need to take train from Interlaken to Zermatt and is there anything in particular we must check out at Zermatt
    june 6th-8th – going from zermatt to Lugano (staying in the heart of the city) – what are the things we can do around this area… specifically in terms of any water activities
    june 8th -11th – want to bernina express from lugano to zurich and wanted to know what the main shopping town and other fun places to check out here.

Thanks for all your help
    Poonam (plakhani1)

[quote]Arno said: Hi plakhani1,

You indeed cannot use the 2 for 1 promotion. I would say that an 8-day Swiss Saver Pass would be worth your consideration. A Eurail Pass would be less suitable as those cover multiple countries. Please see the topics listed at the top of the Swiss rail forum for current promotions. Just keep an eye on our website as I expect to post about a new promotion soon.

[quote]plakhani1 said: Hi Moderator

My husband and I are coming to switzerland for 8 days from june 4th – 11th – we have done our hotels… landing in zurich – then need to take train to Interlaken, staying in interlaken and going next day to Zermatt, then from Zermatt going to Lugano and finally from Lugano taking bernina express and going back to Zurich. Not sure how to do the swiss passes or which option to pick. I guess we do not qualify for swiss flexi pass 2 for 1 … since that needs to be used by end of may. Are there any other deals or which option should i get as it is our first time and I want it to be the best and comfortable. I see swiss flexi pass and swiss pass and eurorail … so not sure which one to go for. please let me know. any help is appreciated.[/quote][/quote]

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 April 2012 at 14:57:33 #837612

Hi Poonam,

You’re referring to the Swiss Pass page of Rail Europe in the US. They’re currently offering a 15-day 1st class Swiss Pass for the 2nd class price. There’s no date limit so you can indeed use it. More details are here.

However, your trip lasts 8 days, so from an economical perspective, you’re better off with a 2nd class 8-day Swiss Pass. Details are on this page. Just fill out the right side of that page and follow the links from there to order.

As for the towns: please check out the city pages linked from this page. They’re listing hotels but also some tips about local sites and a map. The Gornergrat railway is one of my favorites in Zermatt.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2012 at 21:59:17 #837613

Hi,

The Swiss Saver Flexi Pass (SSFP) would be ideal for my family (2 adults, 2 kids under 16) travel, EXCEPT our travel dates are July 12th till July 26th 2012.
    1. What discount would the SSFP provide us for travels outside the designated dates (i.e. what’s its benefit for traveling in July?)
    2. If SSFP would have no benefit for July travel, what would you recommend for a similar to SSFP plan for July?

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 May 2012 at 10:39:40 #837614

Hi EliR1,

Depending on your travel plans, the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass could still be a good deal for your family. The promotion as explained in this topic is just that you can purchase the pass for a lower amount. However, the pass itself is not different from the pass outside of the promotion period. You still get your free travel days and discounted traveling as described on this page. That page also allows you to find the best reseller and check all details on prices, shipping, etc.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2012 at 13:25:12 #837615

Dear all,
    I need little information abour swiss pass, its given that 1 for 2, but my hubby comes under the category of adult, and i come uder youth, what i do? Can a youth travel with adult pass? Or do i have to buy two different passes??

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 May 2012 at 14:03:03 #837616

Hi Salma,

That’s no problem. A “youth” and “adult” can use the pass together.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2012 at 14:07:38 #837617

Thank u. This means that i buy 2 for 1 adult. Thank u so much.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2012 at 14:25:19 #837618

Dear Arno,

Please confirm that I can order the 2-for-1 SSFP at the discounted rate 4-days 2nd class 2 adults, 2 kids (currently $315 USD) and use it until November 2012 for 4 non-continuous dates.

All the best :cool:,
    EliR1

[quote]Arno said: Hi EliR1,

Depending on your travel plans, the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass could still be a good deal for your family. The promotion as explained in this topic is just that you can purchase the pass for a lower amount. However, the pass itself is not different from the pass outside of the promotion period. You still get your free travel days and discounted traveling as described on this page. That page also allows you to find the best reseller and check all details on prices, shipping, etc.[/quote]

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 May 2012 at 14:59:29 #837619

Hi EliR1,

I’m not sure where you got that price. Please consult our Swiss Flexi Pass page for the current prices. It’s $ 286 for US travelers, excluding shipping. But the price also depends on which reseller you prefer. If you go to our page you can easily select your reseller and follow the links to their order page to confirm all the details.

If you like to get further assistance, please post your country of residence, travel dates and the reseller you prefer so that I can look into it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2012 at 3:48:32 #837620

One more question from me.
    I need little more help, can you please suggest me something wat swisspass shud i get, m travelling to switzerland, my flight wud reach to zurich on 1 june, thn wud go geneva, thn interlaken, thn lucern and back to zurich, its a 8days trip, just me and my hubby.
    I want some discounted swiss pass. Is there any option for me or do i hve full amount.?

Annika
    7124 posts
    2 May 2012 at 13:02:20 #837621

Hello Salma. The 2 for 1 offer is not valid in June. So you can best use the regular 8 day Swiss Saver Pass (this is already discounted compared to buying two regular Swiss Passes). Please fill out your data in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass page for an overview of purchase options and prices.

By the way, would mind writing in full words rather than using abbreviations/text talk, as asked for in our forum rules? Thank you :-)!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2012 at 13:14:29 #837622

Arno,

Your Help is most welcome.:cool:
    We live in Israel, traveling to Switzerland from July 12th–> July 26th 2012, family of 2 adults and 2 kids under 16. Wish to purchase 2-for-1 tickets Swiss flexi 4 days in 1 month, no preference on reseller, as long at the pass is the same and shipping costs (regular mail – i have still time – 3 month) are minimal.
    the price i got (see below)…

Option 1: Buy from http://www.trainticket.com

$ 314.61

incl. shipping

2 for 1 Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass promotion (valid through Nov 27, 2012)
    at this webpage
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sw issflexipass

Thank again,

Eli
    [quote]Arno said: Hi EliR1,

I’m not sure where you got that price. Please consult our Swiss Flexi Pass page for the current prices. It’s $ 286 for US travelers, excluding shipping. But the price also depends on which reseller you prefer. If you go to our page you can easily select your reseller and follow the links to their order page to confirm all the details.

If you like to get further assistance, please post your country of residence, travel dates and the reseller you prefer so that I can look into it.[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2012 at 13:58:57 #837623

Hi,
    I’m a resident of US. Can I book the Swiss Pass through the Switzerland Travel Centre and have it delivered to an address in UK?.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Dinesh

[quote]Annika said: Delivery to Switzerland takes 2 business days.
    [quote]kavidinesh said: Hi Annika,
    Thanks,
    Dinesh
    Hello Dinesh. You can best contact the reseller you used for your Golden Pass seat reservation and explain your situation. They may be able to still cancel one of your reservations. As for delivery to Switzerland: yes, that’s an option. Just get to our partner Switzerland Travel Centre using the link I made and fill out your order. At the end, fill out your own address as billing address and enter the address of your friends in Switzerland for delivery.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.