2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 May 2012 at 15:42:18 #837624

Hi EliR1,

Since you’re traveling in July, you cannot use the 2-for-1 promotion. Please check my initial post or the promo description on the Swiss Flexi Pass page for details. But you can still purchase the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. It’s 15% cheaper than individual Swiss Flexi Passes, and your children will travel along for free. On top of that, you may qualify for this discount I just posted about. Your local reseller raileurope.co.il would be a good choice. They even offer to collect the tickets in Tel Aviv or Haifa. Alternatively, trainticket.com may turn out even a bit cheaper for you.

Please note that you can select ILS as a currency as well on our pages.

I hope this helps you decide!

[quote]EliR1 said: Arno,

Your Help is most welcome.:cool:
    We live in Israel, traveling to Switzerland from July 12th–> July 26th 2012, family of 2 adults and 2 kids under 16. Wish to purchase 2-for-1 tickets Swiss flexi 4 days in 1 month, no preference on reseller, as long at the pass is the same and shipping costs (regular mail – i have still time – 3 month) are minimal.
    the price i got (see below)…

Option 1: Buy from http://www.trainticket.com

$ 314.61

incl. shipping

2 for 1 Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass promotion (valid through Nov 27, 2012)
    at this webpage
    http://www.myswissalps.com/sw issflexipass

Thank again,

Eli
    [quote]Arno said: Hi EliR1,

I’m not sure where you got that price. Please consult our Swiss Flexi Pass page for the current prices. It’s $ 286 for US travelers, excluding shipping. But the price also depends on which reseller you prefer. If you go to our page you can easily select your reseller and follow the links to their order page to confirm all the details.

If you like to get further assistance, please post your country of residence, travel dates and the reseller you prefer so that I can look into it.[/quote][/quote]

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 May 2012 at 15:48:30 #837625

Hi Dinesh,

Yes, you can order through Switzerland Travel Centre and have the pass delivered to the UK. If you’re able to fill out both a UK billing and delivery address, you can order through their UK office as well. That would be cheaper and quicker as they ship the pass from the UK.

[quote]kavidinesh said: Hi,
    I’m a resident of US. Can I book the Swiss Pass through the Switzerland Travel Centre and have it delivered to an address in UK?.

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Dinesh

[quote]Annika said: Delivery to Switzerland takes 2 business days.
    Hi Annika,
    How many days does it take for the pass to be delivered to your delivery address, if I book it through the Switzerland Travel Centre?
    Thanks,
    Dinesh
    Hello Dinesh. You can best contact the reseller you used for your Golden Pass seat reservation and explain your situation. They may be able to still cancel one of your reservations. As for delivery to Switzerland: yes, that’s an option. Just get to our partner Switzerland Travel Centre using the link I made and fill out your order. At the end, fill out your own address as billing address and enter the address of your friends in Switzerland for delivery.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2012 at 16:19:04 #837626

ohhh i am really sorry, didn’t read your rules.
    Thank you so much for your replies, they are really helpfull.
    Would be back to you if any more help needed. Thanks.

[quote]Annika said: Hello Salma. The 2 for 1 offer is not valid in June. So you can best use the regular 8 day Swiss Saver Pass (this is already discounted compared to buying two regular Swiss Passes). Please fill out your data in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass page for an overview of purchase options and prices.

By the way, would mind writing in full words rather than using abbreviations/text talk, as asked for in our forum rules? Thank you :-)![/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 May 2012 at 17:19:30 #837627

Hi Moderators,

I ordered the Swiss Pass a few weeks ago, stating the date of travel to start on the 18th May 2012. The credit card holder name that I booked with is CHEW WOON LUE. I received the confirmation email when I booked the passes that I will receive the pass 2 to 3 weeks before departure. I have yet to receive the passes yet. I paid for 2 2-for-1 4 day pass for your information. Could you help me check on the status of my passes?

Thank you!

Annika
    7104 posts
    3 May 2012 at 10:27:07 #837628

Hi i6044355! I think you’ll receive your passes soon. However, orders are processed by our reselling partners and not by ourselves. So you can best contact your reseller directly to ask for a check-up on your order status. Contact information for RailEurope, Trainticket and Switzerland Travel Centre is available through the links I made. Have a great trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2012 at 15:56:18 #837629

Hi Moderator

I have the 2-for-1 swiss pass and I am thinking of going up to Schilthorn from Interlaken. I am not too sure how to go about making reservation for the train or which trains do I have to take. Could you provide me some help here. What sites do I go to go about making reservation?

I am also looking at the boat trips on Lake thun and Lake brienz. Do I also have to make a reservation for these boat rides? I would be in Interlaken on the 19th and 20th of May.

Thank you.

Regards,
    yongsoon

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 May 2012 at 1:44:38 #837630

Hi yongsoon,

You don’t have to book any of these trips in advance. Just pick a connection from the timetable and board your preferred train. A discounted ticket to the Schilthorn can be purchased on the spot.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2012 at 5:21:55 #837631

Hi Moderator,
    I am staying in Dublin, Ireland.
    I am travelling to Switzerland with my wife and kid from 23rd May to 30th May.I will be landing in Zurich on 23rd evening 8PM and will have to catch train to Interlaken immediately. I will camp in Interlaken during my stay in Switzerland.
    I want to buy Swiss saver pass(2 for 1 offer). Please suggest is it very late to place the online order for the passes? Generally how long does it take to receive passes(in Dublin) after placing online order?I have to start from Dublin on 23rd May.
    Regards

Annika
    7104 posts
    6 May 2012 at 8:39:56 #837632

Hello mandublin! You can still order online. Just get to the Swiss Pass page, fill out Ireland as your country of residence and select the offer (if it’s not already pre-selected). Choose a reseller and click ‘Show more information’ for details on shipping and delivery times. If you order today through the cheapest reseller in your case, Switzerland Travel Centre, you can have your pass at home by May 10.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2012 at 23:11:21 #837633

Hi Arno,

In your below quote you mentioned about the possibility of new promotions soon. We are traveling to Switzerland from 29th May to 5th June. Shall we wait for the upcoming promotions or go ahead and buy normal Swiss Saver Pass for 8 days.?

Regards
    Atul Bhide

Hi plakhani1,

You indeed cannot use the 2 for 1 promotion. I would say that an 8-day Swiss Saver Pass would be worth your consideration. A Eurail Pass would be less suitable as those cover multiple countries. Please see the topics listed at the top of the Swiss rail forum for current promotions. Just keep an eye on our website as I expect to post about a new promotion soon.

Arno
    15471 posts
    7 May 2012 at 0:36:05 #837634

Hi Atul,

We’ve already posted about the new promotions. Please take a look at the topic overview of the Swiss rail forum. In your account, you may not have turned on the option to receive new forum topics by e-mail. If you do so, you get an e-mail about new posts once a day (or less frequent if you want). We’ve also sent out a newsletter with the promotions yesterday. You can subscribe to such newsletters through your account page as well.

If there’s anything not clear about the promotions, please feel free to add your reply to that post.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2012 at 3:03:59 #837635

Hello, little more help please.
    Is it possible to travel from Lucern to Paris and back in a day?

Or

From Geneva to Paris and back in a day ?

And will my swiss pass work for these routes?

I will be coming back with lots of more questions soon. 🙂

Salma

Annika
    7104 posts
    7 May 2012 at 14:02:53 #837636

Hello Salma. Please consult the timetable to find out whether’s that’s doable. Your Swiss Pass will cover the Swiss legs of the trips. For the French legs, additional tickets will have to be purchased. You can download a validity map from the Swiss Pass page, showing the exact coverage area.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2012 at 14:18:48 #837637

Hello, i have made an itinerary. Need your help that does it sound sensible?
    And will this be possible?

1 june, land in zurich then to geneva
    2 june, geneva-zermatt-interlaken
    3 june, interlaken-jungfraujoch-interlaken
    4 june, interlaken-lucern
    5 june, lucern-Rhine falls-lucern
    6 june, lucern-bern-zurich
    7 june, zurich -back to dubai

Me and my husband are travelling, so will swisssaver pass be usefull for this or point to point tickets will work?

Arno
    15471 posts
    8 May 2012 at 14:48:15 #837638

Hi Salma,

Yes, a Swiss Saver Pass would be good as you do quite some traveling that would otherwise be expensive. You can’t use the promotion we’re discussion in this topic though, as you’re traveling in June. But there are other promotions like promo codes for discounts that you may be able to use. They’re listed in the rail forum as well.

Please be sure to look at our city pages about Geneva, Zermatt, Interlaken, Lucerne, Bern and Zurich as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2012 at 3:09:12 #837639

Hello All,

I am an Indian citizen and an Indian passport holder, but have resided in Switzerland for the past three months on a B Permit. Am I still eligible for these passes?

Could you please let me know at the earliest, I am extremely keen on using these passes!!

Regards,
    Jen

Annika
    7104 posts
    9 May 2012 at 8:54:32 #837640

Hello Jen! If you’re holder of an Indian passport, it’s no problem to order. I assume you want to have your passes delivered in Switzerland, right? If so, you can best order through Switzerland Travel Centre, as they ship to Switzerland at low cost. Just follow this link for the Swiss Saver Pass offer, or this one for the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass order. Have a great trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2012 at 23:57:37 #837641

I am traveling from Delhi to Zurich on may 15th ..will be going to paris same day.
    Will be returning after doing france and germany on Euro rail pass..

my query is Do i have to activate my Swiss pass from Zurich Airport to Train Staion..as I will travel on Eurorail pass to Paris.

Further, When I return back to Switzerland from Germany..to St Moritz..I have to chage the trains at Basel and Chur..

Do i have to travel Swiss pass or on same Eurorail through pass which I will be starting from Germany…

Please let me as I have to purchase the Swiss pass and I want to count the number of day I will be using..

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2012 at 1:20:39 #837642

Does this pass cover everything up to Murren and Kleine Scheidegg? For example, is the Wilderswil to Schyninge Platte and Grindewal to Kleine Sch and then to Wengen free on a free day or are these mountain railways that are considered half fare on the Swiss Pass?

Annika
    7104 posts
    13 May 2012 at 6:16:01 #837643

Hello magentaspeaker. I think your question has just been answered in this topic, right? Please post the same question only once, to help keep the forum clear to all visitors. Thank you :-)!

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.