2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2012 at 1:29:25 #837464

Thank you for the prompt reply.:-)

Just a small follow-up that how long is this offer open ?

The reason I am asking this is the said website also gives passes for mountain excursions and I am not sure if it would be cheap to buy from there. I can order everything together and save on delivery charges.

Actually I have posted my query in relation to the same at your forum too. See Below:

I am planning a 8 day trip to Switzerland in April 2012 and would surely like to visit Mt. Titlis and Jungfraujoch.

I have booked a apartment in Interlaken for the same. As I will be having a 8 day Swiss Pass, I am aware that I would be entitled to discounts to my trips to these mountian tops. However, I came across some sites mentioned below that too provide passes for these excursions:
    http://www.swisstoursi ndia.com/Mountain-ExcursionsDisplay.aspx?cntry=IN
    http://www.swisstravel system.ch/

So my queries are:

1) Will it be cheap to buy the passes from the above websites or would you suggest something else?
    2) In case I buy these passes from here, are they valid for a particular date only as we cannot commit a date considering that we are not sure when the weather would be best to travel?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2012 at 2:05:22 #837465

Thanks Arno. I have contacted the Switzerland Travel Centre and will book our pass as I understand we can get our tickets earlier. I really appreciate your assistance. [quote]Arno said: Hello Julianne,
    The passes are not open dated, but you have two other options:
    1) Select a shipping address in Switzerland or elsewhere in Europe where you can have it delivered. This will save some shipping costs as well.
    2) Enter your request to ship sooner in the “Notes” field while placing your order. To be sure, I would recommend to e-mail Switzerland Travel Centre about it as well and refer to your order.
    Does this help you out?[/quote]

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 February 2012 at 5:49:37 #837466

If you know the exact day you want to do the Titlis excursion you can indeed order your tickets along with the pass. You can compare prices by checking the local prices on http://www.titlis.ch. It’s more practical to buy such a ticket locally though. As you said, it will allow you to check for clear weather first.
    [quote]prachi said: Thank you for the prompt reply.:-)

Just a small follow-up that how long is this offer open ?

The reason I am asking this is the said website also gives passes for mountain excursions and I am not sure if it would be cheap to buy from there. I can order everything together and save on delivery charges.

Actually I have posted my query in relation to the same at your forum too. See Below:

I am planning a 8 day trip to Switzerland in April 2012 and would surely like to visit Mt. Titlis and Jungfraujoch.

I have booked a apartment in Interlaken for the same. As I will be having a 8 day Swiss Pass, I am aware that I would be entitled to discounts to my trips to these mountian tops. However, I came across some sites mentioned below that too provide passes for these excursions:
    http://www.swisstoursi ndia.com/Mountain-ExcursionsDisplay.aspx?cntry=IN
    http://www.swisstravel system.ch/

So my queries are:

1) Will it be cheap to buy the passes from the above websites or would you suggest something else?
    2) In case I buy these passes from here, are they valid for a particular date only as we cannot commit a date considering that we are not sure when the weather would be best to travel?[/quote]

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 February 2012 at 5:50:17 #837467

Great Julianne. Have a beautiful stay in Switzerland!
    [quote]Julianne said: Thanks Arno. I have contacted the Switzerland Travel Centre and will book our pass as I understand we can get our tickets earlier. I really appreciate your assistance. [quote]Arno said: Hello Julianne,
    The passes are not open dated, but you have two other options:
    1) Select a shipping address in Switzerland or elsewhere in Europe where you can have it delivered. This will save some shipping costs as well.
    2) Enter your request to ship sooner in the “Notes” field while placing your order. To be sure, I would recommend to e-mail Switzerland Travel Centre about it as well and refer to your order.
    Does this help you out?[/quote][/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2012 at 9:29:42 #837468

Dear moderator,
    I am slightly confused with your offer description. when i look on the partner sites, I see the 2 for o1 offer only for swiss saver and swiss flexi saver pass. both these offer only 15% discount on the fare. however, your site has the 2 for 1 offer for the swiss pass, which offers 100% discounst on all major train,tram and boat routs and 50% discount on train routes to mountain top. Please confirm that you have the 2 for 1 offer on swiss pass also and not only on swiss saver passes.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 February 2012 at 12:04:27 #837469

Hello shrinivasvaze,

The offer is for saver variants of the passes only. Where did you read that it’s valid for 1 person as well? The offer requires 2 people to travel together. You’ll pay only half the amount in that case.

I just slightly changed the text of the link on our Swiss Pass page that points to this topic. Perhaps that caused some confusion?

I hope this answers your question!
    [quote]shrinivasvaze said: Dear moderator,
    I am slightly confused with your offer description. when i look on the partner sites, I see the 2 for o1 offer only for swiss saver and swiss flexi saver pass. both these offer only 15% discount on the fare. however, your site has the 2 for 1 offer for the swiss pass, which offers 100% discounst on all major train,tram and boat routs and 50% discount on train routes to mountain top. Please confirm that you have the 2 for 1 offer on swiss pass also and not only on swiss saver passes.[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2012 at 12:50:56 #837470

How soon after purchasing a swiss save pass not a swiss saver flexi pass does it have to be validated? thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2012 at 8:33:51 #837471

Can I buy the 2-for-1 Swiss Pass without knowing the exact date I’ll arrive in Switzerland?

We’ll be going to Lucerne for 3 days in May, after traveling in Italy. The estimated date of arrival in Lucerne is May 12, but not 100% positive; as we might decide to spend few more days in Italy before taking the train to Switzerland. When I try to buy the pass from swisstravelsystem.com, they ask me for a “Start Date”. I just worry about putting the date of May 12, and end up wasting the pass if we don’t get there on the exact date I entered. Is the pass validated by a conductor or machine on the day we board the train, or is it based on the dates I selected on the website?

Thanks.

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 February 2012 at 9:33:23 #837472

Hi Peg,
    You’ll need to fill out the first travel day while placing your order. Once you receive the pass, you need to fill out the traveler names and passport numbers, and you’ll be ready to board the trains.
    [quote]wcarrx said: How soon after purchasing a swiss save pass not a swiss saver flexi pass does it have to be validated? thank you.[/quote]

Arno
    15471 posts
    17 February 2012 at 9:36:13 #837473

Hi Rhune,
    The date you select while placing your order will be the first travel day. In case of a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, the rest of the free travel days can be picked while you’re there, until one month after the first travel day.
    [quote]Rhune said: Can I buy the 2-for-1 Swiss Pass without knowing the exact date I’ll arrive in Switzerland?

We’ll be going to Lucerne for 3 days in May, after traveling in Italy. The estimated date of arrival in Lucerne is May 12, but not 100% positive; as we might decide to spend few more days in Italy before taking the train to Switzerland. When I try to buy the pass from swisstravelsystem.com, they ask me for a “Start Date”. I just worry about putting the date of May 12, and end up wasting the pass if we don’t get there on the exact date I entered. Is the pass validated by a conductor or machine on the day we board the train, or is it based on the dates I selected on the website?

Thanks.[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2012 at 10:30:19 #837474

Thank you very much, Arno. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 February 2012 at 17:55:45 #837475

Hi:

thank you so much for your quick reply. If I understand you correctly, I can purchase the two for one Swiss Rail Pass at any time. Just one more question, isn’t there always, I travel in a wheel chair and understand that on the Glacier Express I have to book seat 11 which is in first class. However, I will only be charge a second class fare. Does this still work with the saver pass?

Peg

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2012 at 2:02:56 #837476

Hello moderators and fellow travellers,

I have read through this entire thread and have most of my questions answered. However, I still am not sure about the delivery dates of the tickets.

We will be leaving USA on May 6th. And we will be in Switzerland (Basel) only on May 14th.

1) Given that, how can we get our tickets shipped to USA before May 6th.
    2) Or if we want to get it shipped to somewhere in Europe, say Paris, how can I ensure that I get them on the days that I am in Paris. What if the tickets arrive after I leave Paris.
    3) Or can we pick up the tickets somewhere in Paris or Basel – like willcall tickets.

Fellow traveller, Julianne seemed to have talked to STC and got this issue sorted out. It would be really great to know how she got this sorted out. Would help folks like us who would want the tickets on hand before we arrive at Switzerland.

Appreciate your responses. Thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 February 2012 at 4:04:42 #837477

Hi Peg,

The Swiss Saver Pass counts as any other ticket. This goes for travelers using a regular seat as well: it does not matter whether they have a full priced ticket, a discounted ticket (e.g. with a Swiss Half Fare Card) or a Swiss Pass. The entire procedure for travelers with a wheelchair can be found here.

Enjoy the ride!
    [quote]wcarrx said: Hi:

thank you so much for your quick reply. If I understand you correctly, I can purchase the two for one Swiss Rail Pass at any time. Just one more question, isn’t there always, I travel in a wheel chair and understand that on the Glacier Express I have to book seat 11 which is in first class. However, I will only be charge a second class fare. Does this still work with the saver pass?

Peg[/quote]

Arno
    15471 posts
    18 February 2012 at 4:17:26 #837478

Hi naveenneogi,

Standard procedure of STC, who will be shipping this special offer, is that you’d receive the passes 2-3 weeks before your departure date. “Departure date” is the first travel day of the pass you fill out while ordering it. In your case, you should receive the pass in time. To be 100% sure however, I would recommend to fill out the Notes field while ordering and explain when you need your pass. After placing your order, e-mail them and refer to your order to have your request confirmed. Here's their contact address.

You can indeed fill out any delivery address in Europe as well. This saves some shipping costs. The same procedure I just described applies. I know people who have requested to ship the passes to their camping site, for example. One more thing about this option: someone at the delivery address should know about the parcel as someone needs to sign upon receiving it.
    [quote]naveenneogi said: Hello moderators and fellow travellers,

I have read through this entire thread and have most of my questions answered. However, I still am not sure about the delivery dates of the tickets.

We will be leaving USA on May 6th. And we will be in Switzerland (Basel) only on May 14th.

2) Or if we want to get it shipped to somewhere in Europe, say Paris, how can I ensure that I get them on the days that I am in Paris. What if the tickets arrive after I leave Paris.
    3) Or can we pick up the tickets somewhere in Paris or Basel – like willcall tickets.

Fellow traveller, Julianne seemed to have talked to STC and got this issue sorted out. It would be really great to know how she got this sorted out. Would help folks like us who would want the tickets on hand before we arrive at Switzerland.

Appreciate your responses. Thanks[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2012 at 15:50:15 #837479

Hello Moderator,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Few followup Questions, appreciate your responses.

1. We plan to travel the following POIs –
    Basel, Interlaken, Mürren, Gimmelwald, Jungfrau, Lucerne, Chur.
    And finally take Bernina express to Tirano.
    I want to confirm this pass covers all of these trips except Jungfrau and Bernina express.

2. For Jungfrau, I want to confirm that I will get 25% discount with the pass.

3. For Bernina express, I want to confirm that I only need to pay for the reservation for seats (around 12chf per seat)

4. Please also let us know till when is the 2 for 1 offer gonna stay. ie, how late can I decide to buy this offer.

Thanks.

[quote]Arno said: Hi naveenneogi,
    Standard procedure of STC, who will be shipping this special offer, is that you’d receive the passes 2-3 weeks before your departure date. “Departure date” is the first travel day of the pass you fill out while ordering it. In your case, you should receive the pass in time. To be 100% sure however, I would recommend to fill out the Notes field while ordering and explain when you need your pass. After placing your order, e-mail them and refer to your order to have your request confirmed. Here's their contact address.
    You can indeed fill out any delivery address in Europe as well. This saves some shipping costs. The same procedure I just described applies. I know people who have requested to ship the passes to their camping site, for example. One more thing about this option: someone at the delivery address should know about the parcel as someone needs to sign upon receiving it.
    [quote]naveenneogi said: Hello moderators and fellow travellers,
    Appreciate your responses. Thanks[/quote][/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2012 at 17:43:10 #837480

Arno = thank you very much. Your answers are very helpful. Peg

Annika
    7104 posts
    20 February 2012 at 10:26:54 #837481

[quote]naveenneogi said: Hello Moderator,
    Thanks for the prompt reply.
    Few followup Questions, appreciate your responses.
    1. We plan to travel the following POIs –
    Basel, Interlaken, Mürren, Gimmelwald, Jungfrau, Lucerne, Chur.
    And finally take Bernina express to Tirano.
    I want to confirm this pass covers all of these trips except Jungfrau and Bernina express.
    2. For Jungfrau, I want to confirm that I will get 25% discount with the pass.
    3. For Bernina express, I want to confirm that I only need to pay for the reservation for seats (around 12chf per seat)
    4. Please also let us know till when is the 2 for 1 offer gonna stay. ie, how late can I decide to buy this offer.
    Thanks.[/quote]
    Hi naveenneogi! Yes, a 25% discount applies to the Jungfraujoch up from Wengen and the Bernina Express is for free except for the seat reservations. The offer will last up to October. In order to receive your passes in time, it’s wise to decide and order about a week before departure (shipping takes about working 5 days). Arno already explained shipping alternatives.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2012 at 22:53:50 #837482

Hi,

I need some advice here. I have ordered for the 2 for 1 Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass offer. I indicated the start date as 7 Apr 12. Does this mean that the first of my 4 free travel days is on 7 Apr 12 and I am left with 3 free travel days?

If that’s case, is there any way I can change the start date as we are going to change our schedule?

Appreciate any help here!

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 February 2012 at 1:58:37 #837483

Hi ahmeng,
    Yes, April 7 is your first free travel day. You can’t change that yourself, so I would suggest to contact the supplier and ask for a change. They may be able to do so as they’ve probably not started processing your order yet.
    [quote]ahmeng said: Hi,

I need some advice here. I have ordered for the 2 for 1 Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass offer. I indicated the start date as 7 Apr 12. Does this mean that the first of my 4 free travel days is on 7 Apr 12 and I am left with 3 free travel days?

If that’s case, is there any way I can change the start date as we are going to change our schedule?

Appreciate any help here![/quote]

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.