2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2012 at 2:44:11 #837484

Thanks Arno for the quick reply!

I’ve dropped them an email. Hopefully they are to change for me.

Fingers crossed!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 February 2012 at 17:39:55 #837485

Arno:

I am ready to buy a Swiss Saver 2 for 1 pass. Can you tell me if there are charges to mail to the U.S.? Is this a refundable transaction? If not, can insurance be purchased in the event of problems?

Thank you – Peg

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 February 2012 at 2:16:43 #837486

Hi Peg,

Your questions have already been answered here.
    [quote]wcarrx said: Arno:

I am ready to buy a Swiss Saver 2 for 1 pass. Can you tell me if there are charges to mail to the U.S.? Is this a refundable transaction? If not, can insurance be purchased in the event of problems?

Thank you – Peg[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2012 at 3:26:29 #837487

Hi Moderator,

Im coming from Milan to Bern on March 27, 2012 via Trenitalia. And my subsequent itinerary will be as follows:

March 28 – Bern to Zermatt (Gornergrat / Matterhorn)
    March 29 – Bern to Interlaken? or Grindelwald? (For the Jungfraujoch railway tour)
    March 30 – Bern to Lucerne
    March 31 – Depart Bern to Basel then proceed to Paris

Can you please advice if the 2 for 1 Swiss Saver pass can cover the above trips/dates.
    Thanks much.

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    26 February 2012 at 4:03:22 #837488

Hello stanch,

An overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid can be found on this page. I think you’ll be just fine using the your Swiss Pass on the routes you mentioned, except for the places you put in brackets, but I suppose you already were aware of that, given the brackets :-).

Have a nice trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2012 at 4:12:50 #837489

Before I proceed to book online for this Swiss Saver pass. Just to confirm on my dates covered? Can I still avail of the 2 for 1 since my travel period for Switzeland is from March 27-31
    Thanks.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 February 2012 at 5:23:14 #837490

Hi stanch,

This offer is for passes that will be used for traveling in April and May (and in Fall). For March, you can use the regular Swiss Pass. You can use these promo codes to get a discount.
    Enjoy your traveling!
    [quote]stanch said: Before I proceed to book online for this Swiss Saver pass. Just to confirm on my dates covered? Can I still avail of the 2 for 1 since my travel period for Switzeland is from March 27-31
    Thanks.[/quote]

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    26 February 2012 at 5:28:59 #837491

Hello stanch,

On this page you will find the relevant information (as you will probably have seen already). Just go to your country of residence. To use the two-for-one offer the start date of the pass needs to be between April 1 and May 31, 2012.

Enjoy your stay.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2012 at 8:16:23 #837492

The promo code doesnt work for Singapore residents.
    Any sites offering special Swiss Saver pass (for 2) for travel by end of March, its actually just 1 to 5 days away from the promo date of April 1.
    Appreciate it.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 February 2012 at 10:27:08 #837493

Hi stanch,

Please explain what’s not working for you regarding the promo code. Perhaps I can help. The 2 for 1 offer is not valid for your travel dates so you need a regular Swiss Saver Pass (which is 15% cheaper than a regular Swiss Pass). Please check the Swiss Pass page I linked to for details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2012 at 4:52:20 #837494

Hi,
    i am planning to visit Switzerland in mid May for 7 days
    12 May Milano airport to Lugano
    13 May Lugano to Lake Como
    14 May Lugano to Lucerne
    15 May Trip to Mt Pilatus, Rigi
    16 May Lucerne to Lauterbrunnen
    17 May Lauterbrunnen to Jungfrau
    18 May Lauterbrunnen to Milan

We are a party of 4 adults (inclusive of 2 seniors aged over 65yrs old)
    1) Is it worthwhile for me to get the Swiss Pass? or the 4 days Swiss saver pass (2 for 1)
    2) I stay in Singapore but my husband will be in Milan for 3days in Apr, can i get SBB to send the tickets there?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2012 at 4:57:02 #837495

Hi,

For all traveling from India the below site issues the same 2 for 1 Swiss Saver Pass and you can easily pay in Indian currency. You can also save on the 2% Bank Charge on this website, by getting the pass issued from their office(Mumbai, Pune, Chennai and others) itself.

http://swisstoursonline.com/EurailCalc.aspx?RailCode=SR&cntry=IN

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Prachi

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 February 2012 at 6:19:52 #837496

Hi rochie,

The 2-for-1 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be a good pass for your trip (you need 2 passes, each for 2 adults). You would use the free travel days on May 12, 14, 16 and 18. Our partner swisstravelsystem.com will ship it to Milan.

Have fun!
    [quote]rochie said: Hi,
    14 May Lugano to Lucerne

1) Is it worthwhile for me to get the Swiss Pass? or the 4 days Swiss saver pass (2 for 1)
    2) I stay in Singapore but my husband will be in Milan for 3days in Apr, can i get SBB to send the tickets there?[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2012 at 11:33:24 #837497

Dear moderator,

I plan to visit Switzerland with my friend in April and we are interested in 2-for-1 offer very much. The travel dates are from the 5th of April till the 8th of April. The question is:

we are 25 and 26 years old, respectively.
    when i choose 2 youth tickets, the price is 200+200 CHF;
    when i choose 1youth+1adult ticket, the price is 200+226 CHF;
    when i choose 2 adult tickets, the price is 200+0 CHF.

Is the offer valid only for adults? If yes, will the adult tickets be valid for us (25 and 26 years old)? Do you consider youth being under 26 incl.26?

Thank you in advance for quick response!

With kind regards,
    Iryna.

Arno
    15483 posts
    27 February 2012 at 16:02:38 #837498

Hi Iryna,

This offer is indeed for adults only (they may take along their children under 16 for free though). Anyone of age 16 or above is considered an adult here. So you may use this offer. Please see my initial post for ordering links according to your country of residence.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2012 at 23:41:06 #837499

Hi moderator,

I would like to ask if there is any expiry to the 2 for 1 offer for Swiss Saver Pass? Am asking this is because my trip to Switzerland is not confirmed as of now, and wondering if the offer is valid only for limited time? My current plan is to get to Switzerland in late September 2012.

Also, is it advisable if I purchase the tickets now if I cannot confirm on the actual date of visiting Switzerland?

Thanks in advance!

Arno
    15483 posts
    28 February 2012 at 0:06:49 #837500

Hi Park65,

The allowed purchase timeframe differs a bit per reseller. There are resellers that allow you to purchase for September already. But if you’re not sure yet, I would advice to wait until 2 weeks before departure or until you know for sure. Please see my initial post for the purchase and travel dates per reseller.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2012 at 0:46:00 #837501

Hi,
    it’s me again.
    thanks for the prompt reply. Let me go into more details on my itnerary just to ensure i am on the right track

12 May Milano airport to Lugano via bus
    – I dont think i will be back to use the Swiss pass for this route?
    Explore Mt Bre
    – Will i be able to use the swiss pass for the funicular, bus / boat ride?

– If i am not using the Swiss flexi pass on this card, am i still entitled to the discounted train ticket?

14 May Lugano to Lucerne
    Sightsee around Lucerne
    – If i am not using the Swiss flexi pass on this card, am i still entitled to the discounted train ticket?

If weather is not good, maybe explore Bern. Or visit Grindelwald, Wengen. Does the swiss pass include travel to this areas?

Am i entitled to discounted ticket on this day up to Jungfrau area?

Thanks

[quote]Arno said: Hi rochie,

The 2-for-1 4-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be a good pass for your trip (you need 2 passes, each for 2 adults). You would use the free travel days on May 12, 14, 16 and 18. Our partner swisstravelsystem.com will ship it to Milan.

Have fun!
    [quote]rochie said: Hi,
    14 May Lugano to Lucerne

2) I stay in Singapore but my husband will be in Milan for 3days in Apr, can i get SBB to send the tickets there?[/quote][/quote]

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    28 February 2012 at 9:36:15 #837502

Dear Sirs,

After reading so many queries regarding the 2 for 1 pass, I am a bit confusing.
    The 2 for 1 pass is totally 2 passes and each pass is for 1 person but need to go together for every trip.
    Pls advise.
    Sin

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2012 at 14:59:03 #837503

That is correct. Both of you have to travel together all the time to get the benefits.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.