2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 February 2012 at 13:13:46 #837504

My wife and I intend to travel together and take the 2 for 1 offer for the 4 days in 1 month travel with Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for first class travel. Our two out of 4 days of travel will be in May and the balance two days in the 1st week of June. I intend to buy through http://www.raileurope.co.in, who are authorised travel agents for India as per your forum pages.

However, despite your clarifications and response to atulbhide in your forum as also clearly mentioning in your forum pages that only the start of the travel only needs to be within May 2012, confusion still prevails about the 2 for 1 offer being available in our case due to our not completing the travel within May 2012. In fact, Thomas Cook India have clarified in an email to my local travel agent that the entire travel must only be within May 2012.

Can you please confirm specifically that the 2 for 1 offer inapplicable to me if I buy the passes through raileurope?

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 March 2012 at 11:20:38 #837505

Hello Shirishrege,

I’m sorry that has not been clear! The travel date should actually be within the given periods. So in your case the pass can be used up to and including May 31. This is the case for passes issues by RailEurope, but I assume the other resellers to have the same rules. I have changed my initial post and the one to atulbhide to make things more clear.

The pass can indeed be obtained through raileurope.co.in if you live in India. Resellers for other countries are listed in my initial post.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2012 at 23:41:06 #837506

Hello,
    I plan to visit Switzerland from 16th Mar to 21st Mar with my wife. On 16th I would travel from Zurich to Interlaken and stay there for 2 days during which I want to go to Jungfraujoch. On 18th I would leave for Zermatt. Take the Glacier express the next day on 19th to Andermatt. Then take a train to Lucerne. On 20th I want to visit Mt Titlis and then back to Zurich on 21st Mar.
    My dates don’t fall during Swiss 2 for 1 pass validity period.
    Are there any other passes which can help me save? please suggest
    Thanks,
    Arun

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2012 at 2:22:19 #837507

I’m being told by the agent at http://www.raileurope-world.com that if using swiss flexi pass on those non validated days, i will not get any discount on train rides.

But on swiss travel system the statement “On the days between the first and the last activated day, your Swiss Flexi Pass offers a 50% discount on train, (postal) bus and boat rides, as well as on most mountain-top excursions’.

So I’m confused. Will get get 50% off train rides on non validated days? Or no discount at all as being told by raileurope world?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2012 at 7:05:06 #837508

I & my wife (in our fifties) are reaching Geneva on 5th May 2012 and will stay for 7 nights at the resort at Leysin village. We are attracted towards 4day flexi rail pass, 2 for 1 offer, in spite of the fact that we wanted minimum 5 days by rail including arriving on 5th May and departing on 12 th may. During this stay, we want to cover glacier express also, partly if not fully. Kindly advise how we should plan within 4 days flexi offer. If required, we can buy ticket on 5th May or on 12th May between Geneva & Leysin.We will prefer to see Montreax, Lausanne and Lucerne also, using our Leysin resort for night stay. Please advise about our rail travel. Regards

Annika
    7121 posts
    3 March 2012 at 6:58:22 #837509

Hello Arun! Yes, regular rail passes will save you lots of money as well, even though you can’t use the offer. I’d say you should consider either an 8 day Swiss Saver Pass or a 5 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, using free travel days for your transfers Zurich-Interlaken, Interlaken-Zermatt, Zermatt-Andermatt, Andermatt-Lucerne and Lucerne-Zurich. Here‘s how to calculate which pass is best.

[quote]arun.sat said: Hello,
    I plan to visit Switzerland from 16th Mar to 21st Mar with my wife. On 16th I would travel from Zurich to Interlaken and stay there for 2 days during which I want to go to Jungfraujoch. On 18th I would leave for Zermatt. Take the Glacier express the next day on 19th to Andermatt. Then take a train to Lucerne. On 20th I want to visit Mt Titlis and then back to Zurich on 21st Mar.
    My dates don’t fall during Swiss 2 for 1 pass validity period.
    Are there any other passes which can help me save? please suggest
    Thanks,
    Arun[/quote]

Annika
    7121 posts
    3 March 2012 at 7:01:19 #837510

Helly happycan! The statement by Swiss Travel System is correct. You do receive a 50% discount on all non-free travel days, as long as they’re in between your first and last free travel day. There are no discounts whatsoever before your first and after your last free travel day. This, and other information, can be found at our Swiss Flexi Pass page as well.

Does that help you out?

[quote]happycan said: I’m being told by the agent at http://www.raileurope-world.com that if using swiss flexi pass on those non validated days, i will not get any discount on train rides.
    But on swiss travel system the statement “On the days between the first and the last activated day, your Swiss Flexi Pass offers a 50% discount on train, (postal) bus and boat rides, as well as on most mountain-top excursions’.
    So I’m confused. Will get get 50% off train rides on non validated days? Or no discount at all as being told by raileurope world?[/quote]

Annika
    7121 posts
    3 March 2012 at 7:06:31 #837511

Hello jogijsr, and welcome! You can perfectly use a 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. That’s because the 4 free travel days don’t have to be consecutive. The pass is valid from your first up to your last free travel day. So you should use free travel days for your first transfer on May 5, your last transfer on May 12, and two other days in between on which you plan to make the longest and thus most expensive journeys (such as the Glacier Express and your trip to Lucerne). On the remaining non-free travel days, a 50% discount will apply. Further details and purchase options can be found at the Swiss Flexi Pass page.

If you use your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass this way, you will enjoy either free or discounted traveling on all days of your stay. You won’t have to buy an additional (discounted) ticket between Geneva and Leysin on May 5 or 12.

[quote]jogijsr said: I & my wife (in our fifties) are reaching Geneva on 5th May 2012 and will stay for 7 nights at the resort at Leysin village. We are attracted towards 4day flexi rail pass, 2 for 1 offer, in spite of the fact that we wanted minimum 5 days by rail including arriving on 5th May and departing on 12 th may. During this stay, we want to cover glacier express also, partly if not fully. Kindly advise how we should plan within 4 days flexi offer. If required, we can buy ticket on 5th May or on 12th May between Geneva & Leysin.We will prefer to see Montreax, Lausanne and Lucerne also, using our Leysin resort for night stay. Please advise about our rail travel. Regards[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 March 2012 at 9:49:08 #837512

We (father, mother, 7-year-old son, 4-year-old son) planned to go to Switzerland during mid Apr-May 2012.
    1. Can only ONE ticket of this 4-day 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Flexi Pass cover all of us travelling together for 4 days in Switzerland?
    2. Do we need to get a family card to go along with the above Flexi Pass? If so, how and where to get it and with any cost/fee of any kind?
    3. Are we required to buy it in advance? How far?
    4. Please confirm the official website from where we could buy this pass?
    5. What’s the different between buying it from the above and through the reseller? Any reseller in Thailand?
    6. Can we buy it inside Switzerland and where?
    We also plan to go from Geneva to Paris.
    7. Can we use this pass for this trip? If not, can it be used for some part of this route? Which part?
    8. If we need to purchase another train ticket for this Geneva-Paris round trip, please advise which train we can take and which website to book the ticket?
    So far, we could book this Geneva-Paris ticket via the http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html ,http://www.tgv.com/en, and http://www.tgv-lyria.fr
    Are all these 3 different trains?
    Thanks in advance
    Siam Glory

Annika
    7121 posts
    5 March 2012 at 12:48:52 #837513

Hi siamglory! One 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass will cover traveling for the 2 adults. The STS Family Card will cover traveling for the 2 children. This STS Family can be ordered along online for free with your 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, or obtained for free at any manned rail station in Switzerland.

To order, get to the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass page and fill out Thailand as your country of residence. This will provide you with an overview of resellers available for Thailand. Click ‘more information’ for details on shipping and payment. All you have to do next is click the button ‘Go to website’ at the reseller you prefer and enter the order process.

Please refer to the validity map we link to from the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass page to see where the pass is valid. It isn’t for the leg Geneva-Paris, so you need an additional ticket for that part of your itinerary. Tickets can be bought through several agents, such as the ones you listed or the same reseller you order your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass with. They all sell tickets for the same TGV trains.

We (father, mother, 7-year-old son, 4-year-old son) planned to go to Switzerland during mid Apr-May 2012.
    1. Can only ONE ticket of this 4-day 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Flexi Pass cover all of us travelling together for 4 days in Switzerland?
    2. Do we need to get a family card to go along with the above Flexi Pass? If so, how and where to get it and with any cost/fee of any kind?
    3. Are we required to buy it in advance? How far?
    4. Please confirm the official website from where we could buy this pass?
    5. What’s the different between buying it from the above and through the reseller? Any reseller in Thailand?
    6. Can we buy it inside Switzerland and where?
    We also plan to go from Geneva to Paris.
    7. Can we use this pass for this trip? If not, can it be used for some part of this route? Which part?
    8. If we need to purchase another train ticket for this Geneva-Paris round trip, please advise which train we can take and which website to book the ticket?
    So far, we could book this Geneva-Paris ticket via the http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html ,http://www.tgv.com/en, and http://www.tgv-lyria.fr
    Are all these 3 different trains?
    Thanks in advance
    Siam Glory

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2012 at 11:37:14 #837514

Dear Arno,

can you advise if we get both Swiss Pass & Austria Rail… if we travel from Lauterbrunnen to Innsbruck (via Zurich) will our rail journey under the passes when we cross the border? or would we have to buy individual journey from Zurich to Innsbruck

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 March 2012 at 12:29:48 #837515

Hi shirl,

If you have a pass for both Switzerland and Austria, then the trip is covered unless you’ll pick a connection via Germany.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2012 at 12:52:48 #837516

Hi Arno,

thanks so much once again for your valuable advice!! we logically thought so too… but didnt want to take the chances…

is it possible to help me with our planning which pass to get :

arrive Zurich to Lauterbrunnen (6 nights) will travel around Bernese Oberland like First, Grindelwald, Wengen, Klein Schedeigg etc.. in chalet

Lauterbrunnen to Innsbruck (3 nights)

Innsbruck to Salzburg (5 nights) – not quite sure where to visit yet

Salzburg to Vienna (2 nights) then to Vienna airport

… we are stuck as we initially wanted to get the 2for1 Swiss Pass & just travel to Innsbruck , then we got a little more ambitious to go a little further. Now we are stuck with what to get… 2 country pass, or Swiss AND AUstria Pass separately…

or.. just stick to Swiss leg and just only to Innsbruck by individual return tickets (fly back from Zurich instead)… OR should we travel alittle more in Swiss instead..

what do you think?

Thanks to hear fr u…

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2012 at 12:54:15 #837517

also for the earlier question as to the border travel, which day pass will be used? is it just either Swiss or AUstria ? or Both will be deducted as 1 day travel?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2012 at 10:27:52 #837518

I need help deciding which Pass to purchase. . .we will travel from St. Moritz to Interlaken, from Interlaken to Lausanne and from Lausanne to Geneva (over a 7-day period). . .should I purchase the Swiss Saver or the Swiss Saver Flexi-Pass??

Annika
    7121 posts
    11 March 2012 at 8:53:57 #837519

Hi shirl. It’s hard to say which pass would be best. The Eurail Austria-Switzerland Pass seems to make sense, but there are less discounts for your trips in Switzerland than with the regular Swiss Pass. Since you plan to travel quite intensively during your stay in Lauterbrunnen, I think the Swiss Pass or Swiss Flexi Pass would be a better choice, especially if you can use the 2 for 1 offer (I’m not sure when exactly you’ll be traveling). You could opt for a separate Eurail Austria Pass for the second of your trip. If you want to travel for free during your outbound trip from Switzerland to Austria, a free travel day would be used for both passes.

If you want to be sure which pass or combination is most economical, calculations are the only way to find out.

[quote]shirl said: Hi Arno,
    thanks so much once again for your valuable advice!! we logically thought so too… but didnt want to take the chances…
    is it possible to help me with our planning which pass to get :
    arrive Zurich to Lauterbrunnen (6 nights) will travel around Bernese Oberland like First, Grindelwald, Wengen, Klein Schedeigg etc.. in chalet
    Lauterbrunnen to Innsbruck (3 nights)
    Innsbruck to Salzburg (5 nights) – not quite sure where to visit yet
    Salzburg to Vienna (2 nights) then to Vienna airport
    … we are stuck as we initially wanted to get the 2for1 Swiss Pass & just travel to Innsbruck , then we got a little more ambitious to go a little further. Now we are stuck with what to get… 2 country pass, or Swiss AND AUstria Pass separately…
    or.. just stick to Swiss leg and just only to Innsbruck by individual return tickets (fly back from Zurich instead)… OR should we travel alittle more in Swiss instead..
    what do you think?
    Thanks to hear fr u…[/quote]

Annika
    7121 posts
    11 March 2012 at 8:55:44 #837520

Hello Suzanne. To cover your 7 day stay, you should purchase a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, as the free travel days can be used non-consecutively here. So should use 4 free travel days for your 4 longest and most expensive transfers, and profit from a 50% discount on remaining days (between your first and last free travel day).

[quote]Suzanne said: I need help deciding which Pass to purchase. . .we will travel from St. Moritz to Interlaken, from Interlaken to Lausanne and from Lausanne to Geneva (over a 7-day period). . .should I purchase the Swiss Saver or the Swiss Saver Flexi-Pass??[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 March 2012 at 12:38:47 #837521

Hi,
    I am travelling for 5 days/4 nights and if i buy the 2 for 1 pass then can you suggest how you can manage the travel for the 5th day?
    Is there a better option for 5 days because we would be travelling for all 5 days.

regards,
    Jaisal

Annika
    7121 posts
    12 March 2012 at 13:18:56 #837522

Hello Jaisal! Just buy the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. You can spread your 4 free travel days as explained to Suzanne above, thus covering your 5 day stay. There will be 1 day with a 50% discount instead of free traveling.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2012 at 22:54:07 #837523

Hi,
    If I’m a pack of 11 adults, that means I only buy 6 lots of the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 Day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. Since this is 2 for 1 offer, can the 11th person travel alone with his pass?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.