2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

antz
    Participant
    40 posts
    22 March 2012 at 10:36:56 #837544

Dear Sirs,

I have bought the Swiss Saver Flaxi 4 day Pass started from 15th May,2012.

Is it a must to start the first day on 15th May, 2012 or I can choose any 4 days
    between 15 th May till 14th June,2012.

Look forward to your reply soon.
    Thanks.
    Sin

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2012 at 12:49:52 #837545

Dear sir,

I am quite confused about 2in 1 swiss saver flexi pass .The website mentions one pass is free on purchase of one .So please guide me if we are family of 6 adults ,2 youth & 6 children belonging to three families ,
    Q 1:how should we buy our tickets .Because this website allows purchasing only for 2to 5 pax.

the configuration of all the three families are as follows :
    Family one : 2adults & 2children
    Family 2: 2Adults & 2children
    Family 3: 2 Adults & 2 Youths & 2 Child
    we are planning to travel in the month of May 12th onwards.

Further please guide us as if it is really worth travelling to VEnice From Zurich by Bernia Express or through Artha Goldu for scenic beauty.Also since we will be with our baggages which will be medium sized , will we get sufficient time to change trains especially with children & baggages.
    Q 1:Are we going to get sufficient time at CHUR to change the Train ?
    Q 2: Are there any lockers available at Artha Goldu?
    Q 3: Is there any direct route to Venice through this scenic Passage ?
    Q 4: which is the most convenient & beautiful route in your opinion?
    Q 5: upto which point is the journey free with swiss pass at our disposal?
    Q 6 : What is the cost of train from Lauterbrunen to Mt Jaungfraujoch with swiss pass? Can u kindly tell it to me accurately in Euro because i was unable to get the exact details since there are few change of trains involved with varying discounts.
    Q 6: will journey to Rhine falls by train be free on swiss pass?
    Q 7: Lastly , will swiss pass also help us in entering switzerland at geneva or do you have any other suggestion for travelling on that route?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2012 at 16:39:15 #837546

Hello,

I will be travelling to switzerland on 6th April. My age is 26 year and my wife age is 24. Can we take swiss pass as an adult so that we can get 2 for 1 offer as we are already married and we will be treated as an adult.

Thanks
    Kumar

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    22 March 2012 at 17:28:07 #837547

Hello Kumar

For the Swiss Rail Passes persons of 16 years and older are considered to be adults. The offer you mention is for persons traveling together and their relationship is of no importance.

As you will be traveling in April you can use the 2 for 1 offer of the Swiss pass. Follow this link for all the relevant features of the Swiss Pass. Ordering can be done on the right (Where to buy your Swiss Pass). You’ll find a PDF-overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid.

The Swiss Timetable may be helpful planning your trips.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2012 at 4:22:51 #837548

Hi,
    I want to know what is the last date of the swiss promo offer 2 for 1. I am travelling to swiss on 27th april 2012 and will be there till 29th april 2012. so how early i will have to book this pass? Does this pass includes reservation for the trains ? Does this pass has paper ticket option or has to be shipped at my address or can i collect it once i reached swiss?

Kindly reply

thanks

Arno
    15483 posts
    23 March 2012 at 6:48:18 #837549

Hi gidesai,

The last dates are listed in my initial post. The pass needs to be shipped to your home address. If you go to the Swiss Pass page you can find the best reseller (incl. shipping times) by filling out your country, travelers and desired pass.
    [quote]gidesai said: Hi,
    I want to know what is the last date of the swiss promo offer 2 for 1. I am travelling to swiss on 27th april 2012 and will be there till 29th april 2012. so how early i will have to book this pass? Does this pass includes reservation for the trains ? Does this pass has paper ticket option or has to be shipped at my address or can i collect it once i reached swiss?

Kindly reply

thanks[/quote]

Annika
    7116 posts
    23 March 2012 at 7:45:26 #837550

Hello svetafom! If you order through trainticket.com, you should indeed validate it in Switzerland upon arrival. You can get to any manned railway station and ask the personell to stamp your pass.

Seat reservations are required for the Glacier Express. They can be made up to 3 to 2 months in advance. The seat reservation page provides further information.

[quote]svetafom12 said: Hi Arno,
    Thank you for the sites you gave-the info is definately helpful.
    If I get Swiss Saver Pass 1for 2 shall I somehow validate it in Switzerland on the arrival?
    Is it possible to get seats in Glacier express without reservation beforehand? What is a minimum period for seat reservation?[/quote]

Annika
    7116 posts
    23 March 2012 at 8:03:38 #837551

Hello anoopdaga! You can order your tickets this way:
    – 1 2 for 1 offer for the two adults of the 1st family plus a free STS Family Card for the children. Depending on the reseller, the STS Family Card can be ordered along or obtained for free at a Swiss railway station upon showing your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass;
    – 1 2 for 1 offer for another two adults of the 2nd family plus a free STS Family Card for the children;
    – 1 2 for 1 offer for the two adults of the 3rd family plus a free STS Family Card for the 2 children;
    – 1 2 for 1 offer for the two youths in de 3rd family. They’ll be considered adults if they’re 16 or older. Buying them this offer too is cheaper than buying two Swiss Youth Passes.

You should fill out your country of residence in the upper right corner of the Swiss Flexi Pass page, select the appropriate reseller and click the button to get to their website. You’ll be able to fill out the right amount of adult travelers there (8 in total including the 2 youths, so you’ll get 4 2 for 1 offers).

As for your itinerary: the timetable allows you to find details on all connections, including the time required to change trains at Chur or at any other railway station. Of course you can also choose to take a later train from Chur to have more time. The quickest and most direct routes from Zurich to Venice are either via Brig and Domodossola, or via Arth-Goldau and Lugano. The latter is a bit more scenic (the connection via Brig includes a rather long tunnel ride). The Bernina Express option is a detour (enter Chur and Pontresina as via-stations to achieve this information in the timetable), but absolutely beautiful.

The coverage of the Swiss Flexi Pass can be reviewed by clicking the link to the downloadable map at the Swiss Flexi Pass page. Depending on your connection, the pass will be valid up to Domodossola, Chiasso or Tirano. The trip to the Rhine Falls is covered too.

Lockers are available at most railway stations.

[quote]anoopdaga said: Dear sir,
    I am quite confused about 2in 1 swiss saver flexi pass .The website mentions one pass is free on purchase of one .So please guide me if we are family of 6 adults ,2 youth & 6 children belonging to three families ,
    Q 1:how should we buy our tickets .Because this website allows purchasing only for 2to 5 pax.

the configuration of all the three families are as follows :
    Family one : 2adults & 2children
    Family 2: 2Adults & 2children
    Family 3: 2 Adults & 2 Youths & 2 Child
    we are planning to travel in the month of May 12th onwards.
    Further please guide us as if it is really worth travelling to VEnice From Zurich by Bernia Express or through Artha Goldu for scenic beauty.Also since we will be with our baggages which will be medium sized , will we get sufficient time to change trains especially with children & baggages.
    Q 1:Are we going to get sufficient time at CHUR to change the Train ?
    Q 2: Are there any lockers available at Artha Goldu?
    Q 3: Is there any direct route to Venice through this scenic Passage ?
    Q 4: which is the most convenient & beautiful route in your opinion?
    Q 5: upto which point is the journey free with swiss pass at our disposal?
    Q 6 : What is the cost of train from Lauterbrunen to Mt Jaungfraujoch with swiss pass? Can u kindly tell it to me accurately in Euro because i was unable to get the exact details since there are few change of trains involved with varying discounts.
    Q 6: will journey to Rhine falls by train be free on swiss pass?
    Q 7: Lastly , will swiss pass also help us in entering switzerland at geneva or do you have any other suggestion for travelling on that route? [/quote]

Annika
    7116 posts
    23 March 2012 at 9:16:12 #837552

Hello Sin! No, your first free travel day doesn’t have to be May 15. This date only indicates the start of the month in which your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass can be used. You can indeed choose any 4 days in this month. Please note that the validity starts with the 1st free travel day, and ends right after the last free travel day.

[quote]sinkafu said: Dear Sirs,
    I have bought the Swiss Saver Flaxi 4 day Pass started from 15th May,2012.
    Is it a must to start the first day on 15th May, 2012 or I can choose any 4 days
    between 15 th May till 14th June,2012.
    Look forward to your reply soon.
    Thanks.
    Sin[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2012 at 13:40:44 #837553

Hello Wandermann,

But when i searched the site it is saying person between 16-26 is consider as youth. I am really confused that whether i can get 2 in 1 promo offer or not.
    As my age is 26 and my wife age is 24. could you help me to clarify my doubt whether i can take the above offer by selecting both as adult.
    when i am selecting 2 adults i have to pay only for 1. But when i am selecting 1 adult and 1 youth i am not getting other free. Can you please help me to guide which one to select either 2 adult or 1 adult and 1 youth?

Thanks
    Shashank

[quote]Wandermann said: Hello Kumar

For the Swiss Rail Passes persons of 16 years and older are considered to be adults. The offer you mention is for persons traveling together and their relationship is of no importance.

As you will be traveling in April you can use the 2 for 1 offer of the Swiss pass. Follow this link for all the relevant features of the Swiss Pass. Ordering can be done on the right (Where to buy your Swiss Pass). You’ll find a PDF-overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid.

The Swiss Timetable may be helpful planning your trips.

Enjoy your stay![/quote]

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    23 March 2012 at 14:39:33 #837554

Hello Shashank (aka kumar15),

Don’t worry about your ages. (Sometimes the age of 16-26 may be of importance for other reasons, but certainly not in your case!)

To benefit from the 2 for 1 offer of the Swiss Pass, just select two adults and everything will work out fine.

I hope this helps. Good luck ordering your 2 for 1 offer.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2012 at 15:13:56 #837555

Hello Wandermann,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Thanks
    Shashank
    [quote]Wandermann said: Hello Shashank (aka kumar15),

Don’t worry about your ages. (Sometimes the age of 16-26 may be of importance for other reasons, but certainly not in your case!)

To benefit from the 2 for 1 offer of the Swiss Pass, just select two adults and everything will work out fine.

I hope this helps. Good luck ordering your 2 for 1 offer.[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2012 at 2:39:27 #837556

Hello,

I am traveling to Switzerland in May 2012 with a friend. We are flying from USA and arriving in Zurich on May 17th morning. So far, our itinerary is Zurich-Lucerne/Interlaken-Geneva for 4 days and 3 nights. From Geneva, we are going to Paris on May 20th.

My questions are :

1. Is the 2 for 1 Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass best option for us? If yes, does the pass include the pass to go up to the mountains (such as the cable car, clogged-wheel train, scenic train, etc) ?

2. Since we are going to Paris on May 20th, is it probably better to buy the Eurail France-Switzerland Pass? Does the Eurail France-Switzerland Pass cover Paris and places in Switzerland?

Thank you! Your answer will be greatly appreciated!

Arno
    15483 posts
    24 March 2012 at 8:04:11 #837557

Hi liaangelia,

Yes, I would say that the 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Pass would suit your plans. To see what’s covered, please download the map from the Swiss Pass page. I would not pick a Eurail pass in your case. It’s more expensive and it does not include that many discounts on mountain transportation. The promoted Swiss Pass and a single ticket to Paris would be the better option. Since you live in the US, both can best be purchased through raileurope.com. Our hotel pages list some convenient hotels for rail travelers.

Enjoy your trip to the Alps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2012 at 15:58:20 #837558

Hi i will be travelling to switzerland on the 17th of May and would be there for 4 days. I will be travelling to geneva, interlaken and zurich and the rhine falls. The 2-for-1 swiss pass looks like an excellent deal for me.

Could i just confirm with you that the pass can take me anywhere that I have mention above without any additonal charges? And to take the normal railway system to go from cities to cities do i have to make a reservation?

Lastly, lets say if I am going to interlaken and would like to take the train up to jungfrau. Does the pass offer me a free ride or any discount?

Thank you!

Regards,
    Sean

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    25 March 2012 at 17:22:40 #837559

Hello Sean,

Will you be traveling alone or with one or more persons? If you are traveling alone there’s no point in ordering the 2 for 1 offer of the Swiss Pass, otherwise it is indeed an excellent deal.

Yes, the Swiss Pass can be used without additional charges to reach the destinations you mention. If you follow the link you can check where you will be traveling for free, downloading the PDF overview of the network on which the Swiss Pass is valid. Using the normal railway system there’s no need to make reservations.

If you want to visit Jungfraujoch it’s free to Wengen or Grindelwald with your Swiss Pass. From there to Kleine Scheidegg and Jungfraujoch this Pass will give you a 25 % discount.

The timetable can be of help planning your trips.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2012 at 17:33:45 #837560

Hi thank you for the reply!

“If you want to visit Jungfraujoch it’s free to Wengen or Grindelwald with your Swiss Pass”

Do i require to make a reservation for the trip to Wengen or Grindelwald?

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    25 March 2012 at 17:39:33 #837561

[quote]i6044355 said: Hi thank you for the reply!
    “If you want to visit Jungfraujoch it’s free to Wengen or Grindelwald with your Swiss Pass”
    Do i require to make a reservation for the trip to Wengen or Grindelwald?[/quote]

No, that’s not necessary! (Reservations are required for train rides with scenic trains, like the Golden Pass, Glacier Express, Bernina Express, etc.)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2012 at 18:37:13 #837562

Hi!

I am actually going to buy the 2 for 1 swiss saver pass. On this website it actually says adult is 16 and up but when i go to the http://www.swissrailways.com, it says that the adult is 26 years old and above. I am 22 and I have 2 other friends who are 21. I like to seek your advice how do i get this 2 for 1 pass then? Is it ok that i just buy the adult tickets although the website says that its 26 years and above?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Sean

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 March 2012 at 23:41:03 #837563

In the first email A Swiss Saver Pass and the flex pass are referenced both with a2for 1 offer.on the web page only the flex pass is an option . Where do I find the 2 for 1 saver pass at the lower price referred to?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.