2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    28 March 2012 at 0:27:03 #837564

Hi Sean,

The pass can be used by anyone from 16 years of age. So you can indeed purchase it through Swissrailways.com.

Enjoy your stay!

Arno
    15482 posts
    28 March 2012 at 0:30:17 #837565

Hi rspace,

All resellers I linked to in my first post sell both the Swiss Saver Pass and Swiss Saver Flexi Pass as a 2-for-1 offer. Please tell me which reseller you’ve been looking at and what your country of residence is, so that I can be of further assistance.
    [quote]rspace said: In the first email A Swiss Saver Pass and the flex pass are referenced both with a2for 1 offer.on the web page only the flex pass is an option . Where do I find the 2 for 1 saver pass at the lower price referred to?[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 March 2012 at 0:38:15 #837566

United States when I go to Swiss rail site it and select United states there is no Swiss saver pass 2for 1option. Only flex pass reseller shown are Rail Europe and Switzerland travel.

Annika
    7116 posts
    28 March 2012 at 8:40:19 #837567

Hello rspace. I’m not sure which Swiss rail site you visited. If you get to our Swiss Pass page (just follow the link) and enter the United States as your country of residence in the upper right corner, you’ll be able to select the 4 day 2 for 1 offer on the Swiss Saver Pass (in most cases, this is even pre-selected for you). You’ll be able to buy your pass through our partner RailEurope or Swissrailways. Does that work out for you?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2012 at 10:00:53 #837568

Hi,
    I am planning to buy one 4-day Swiss Saver pass and one 4-day Swiss Flexi Saver pass. I have 2 questions:
    1. The vendor I am planning to buy the pass from is not able to confirm whether the cancellation conditions with 2 for 1 offer are the same as the regular pass i.e. 15% cancellation fee for unused pass. Can you help?
    2. The vendor says that when they issue the passes they will already be validated. I am travelling in the 3rd week of May. So they will validate with the appropriate dates based on my itinerary. Is it ok to have the pass validated at the time it is issued? If the passes are already validated and for some reason I have to cancel the trip, will I still be able to get 85% money back?

Thanks,
    Arvind.

Arno
    15482 posts
    29 March 2012 at 10:34:53 #837569

Hi Arvind,

I am not aware of any other cancellation fees that would apply to promotions. In any case, the reseller should be able to tell you the specifics. If you order through this Swissrailways.com page, the first possible travel date will indeed be printed on your passes. In case of a Swiss Flexi Pass, the free travel dates can be filled out by yourself, so you’re still flexible. You have to fill out the traveler names, countries and passport numbers on the pass to make it valid for traveling (you don’t need a stamp or anything like that, so you don’t need to consult railway personnel to start traveling). As long as you have not filled out the pass, it can be cancelled (indeed a 15% fee applies in most cases).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 March 2012 at 6:59:56 #837570

Hi
    Need some clarification on the Swiss Pass. Our family will be in Switzerland for 5 days starting 13th Apr. 2 Adults and 2 children age 8 & 14.

1. Can we buy the Swiss Pass upon arrival at Zurich Airport. Or this has to be an online purchase.
    2. On arrival we travel from Zurich to Lucern. We’ll stay in Lucern for 2 nights, 2 nights in Interlaken. Then on the day 5 will travel from Interlaken to Paris. Will it be cost effective to activate the Swiss Pass on day 1 or day 2.
    3. Does a first class pass give access to Panorama trains or separate tickets need to bought. How to know which trains have the panorama view options.
    4. From Paris we’ll travel to Amsterdam. Should I buy single trip tickets from Basel-Paris and Paris-Amsterdam. Are there any other ticket options for these travels. Do we need to make any reservations after buying the tickets/ Pass
    5.Do we need to make any reservations to go the MtTitlis and Jungfrac. Along with the Swiss Pass what are the additional tickets need to be bought for these trips.

Appreciate your help with the above. Have a nice.

Best Regards
    KV

Arno
    15482 posts
    30 March 2012 at 11:54:31 #837571

Hi kvrao,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! As for your questions:
    1. All purchase options are on the Swiss Pass page. Fill out your country and preferred pass, and you’ll see the points of sale. Purchasing in Switzerland is not possible for this 2-for-1 promotion.
    2. Zurich – Lucerne (your first day) is a shorter and thus cheaper trip than Interlaken – Swiss border (your last day). So from that perspective, you’re better off using the pass on day 2 to 5.
    3. A first class pass gives access to all first class trains, including panoramic trains. If you click on the details of a particular train in the timetable, a (triangular shaped) icon will be displayed if the train has panoramic coaches. Some of these trains require you to book a seat in advance. That booking is not included in the pass.
    4. These international tickets always include seat reservations. Single tickets would indeed be best. There are passes covering multiple countries, but it’s not economical to get such a pass for just two single trips.
    5. Just buy your discounted ticket on the day of traveling. You don’t need to book in advance.

Please take a look at these pages about Lucerne and Interlaken as well.

I hope this helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2012 at 14:11:43 #837572

Dear Moderator,

I plan to byu Swiss Flexi Pass for 4 days and to use them for free on 5.09.2012; 9.09.2012; 10.09.2012 and 11.09.2012. May I to use this Swiss Flexi Pass to byu disconted (with 20%) Berner Oberland Pass 7 days and to use it for free on 6.09.2012; 7.09.2012 and 8.09.2012?

Best regards,

Kamen

Arno
    15482 posts
    2 April 2012 at 14:40:50 #837573

Hi Kamen, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

If you want to purchase a 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for September, you have to buy through swissrailways.com (or this link if you’re from the UK or Ireland), as other resellers only sell it for April and May. The pass provides all discounts a regular pass would provide, so that also includes a discount on a Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2012 at 18:16:38 #837574

Dear Moderator,

Me and my wife planing to visit swiss at 14th july to 22nd july 2012 , our suggest plan is:

lugano to zurich ( traveling by train )

zurich to interlaken ( traveling by train )

interlaken to lausanne ( traveling by train )

During this period we wish to visit Glacier 3000, Titlis, Jungfrau & Pilatus. We also wish to travel on Glacier Express. Please advice which pass best for us ?? and how much will cost the pass for us ?

note: my wife will be 24 years in 30th july 2012 . is she will get family discount ???

Thank you.

Arno
    15482 posts
    4 April 2012 at 1:33:01 #837575

Hello zedan22, and welcome to our website,

You’re traveling for 9 days. If you can plan not to travel (or just a short trip) on your first or last day, an 8-day Swiss Saver Pass would be a good option. That’s 15% cheaper than two regular Swiss Passes. Also, it’s cheaper than getting one regular Swiss Pass for you and a Swiss Youth Pass for your wife. Please follow the link for pass details and enter your country, pass type and travelers in the upper right corner of that page to see all about prices and resellers. Be sure to take a look at our hotel pages as well. These pages list convenient hotels for train travelers, and an overview of the towns and attractions.

You cannot use the 2-for-1 offer in July. Please open a new topic for further questions, as the current topic is about that offer only.

I hope this helps!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2012 at 11:38:43 #837576

Dear Moderator,

Thank you very much for your help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 April 2012 at 11:26:19 #837577

Hi There

I am arriving in Geneva tomorrow.

Can I get this offer (i.e. 2 for 1 Swiss Pass for 4 days) at the Geneva Airport?

Would appreciate a quick response

Thanks

Olga
    Participant
    346 posts
    5 April 2012 at 16:22:43 #837578

[quote]allout4noloss said: Hi There
    I am arriving in Geneva tomorrow.
    Can I get this offer (i.e. 2 for 1 Swiss Pass for 4 days) at the Geneva Airport?
    Would appreciate a quick response
    Thanks[/quote]

Hello,

The 2 for 1 offer can only be purchased online.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 April 2012 at 0:55:15 #837579

Dear Sir,
    We are 2 persons (hysband and wife) travelling together. We are planning to arrive at Geneva airport at the 23rd of April (around noon). We are planning to go straight from the airport to Leuikerbad by train, and on the 25th we have to leave early in the morning to Zurich airport.
    That’s all the travelling we will do this time. Please advice what is the most economic way to travel (2nd class). Can we buy the 2 for 1 Swiss Saver Pass when we arrive at Geneva on the 23rd of April?
    Many thanks
    Tali

Annika
    7116 posts
    6 April 2012 at 14:41:03 #837580

Hello Tali, and welcome to the forum! The 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass will definitely be your best option. As mentioned previously in this topic (for example in the introduction message and Olga’s answer above), this offer is only for sale online. Just fill out your country of residence in the upper right corner of the Swiss Pass page for further information. I hope this helps you out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2012 at 10:05:10 #837581

ordered my flexi pass yesterday. looking forward to my trip now

does the pass just validate itself once you use it? and when using the pass, do we just have to show it when on the train and that its

thanks

Annika
    7116 posts
    7 April 2012 at 14:41:26 #837582

Hi matt-uk! I assume you ordered through Swissrailways UK? In that case, the start date will be printed on your pass. All you have to do to validate it, is fill out some personal information and the dates of your free travel days according to the enclosed instructions. When using your pass on a free travel day in regular trains/buses/boats, you only have to show your pass. On non-free travel days, you also need an additional discounted ticket for your trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 April 2012 at 9:14:44 #837583

thanks for the help annika, yes i ordered through the links on here to swissrailways
    ive read that you can buy a hiking pass for aletsch glacier that includes all cable cars for 35chf if the flexi pass can be used for discount , so seems quite good
    thanks again
    Matt

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 373 total)
  • The thread ‘2 for 1 offer Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.