2-for-1 promotional Swiss Saver Flex Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 September 2012 at 15:33:17 #805592

I along with my wife and daughter of 6 years are planning to visit Switzerland from 16-23 Oct.
    My itinerary would be as follows:
    – 17th Oct: Milan to Interlaken, trip to Jungfraujoch and back, Interlaken to Montreux
    – 18th Oct: Montreux to Gruyeres + Broc and back by Chocolate train. Montreux to Zermatt.
    – 19th Oct: Zermatt to Matterhorn
    – 20th Oct: Glacier Express: Zermatt to St. Moritz, St. Moritz to Luzern
    – 21st Oct: Luzern to Mt. Titlis and back, train to Zurich
    – 22nd Oct: Zurich city tour, Rhein fall
    – 23rd Oct: Zurich to Milan by train
    I intend to buy a 2-for-1 promotional Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for 4 days plus Child card for my daughter as she would be accompanied with us (her parents).
    I need assistance for following questions:
    – Is there any better option than 2-for-1 promotional Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for 4 days plus a Child card amounting around 220 Euros?
    – If I choose following 4 days for unlimited travel using Swiss Flexi Pass – 17th, 18th, 20th & 23rd – will I be eligible to get 50% reduction on other days (19th, 21st & 22nd)?
    – If yes – will this 50% reduction apply to Mt. Titlis tour also (Luzern to Engelberg and Cable Car from Engelberg to Mt. Titlis & back)? Just want to ensure whether 50% discount on this Cable Car tour mandates this date to be one of the unlimited travel dates in Swiss Pass?
    – For booking ticket from Milan to Interlaken / Zurich to Milan – which is the last station within Switzerland beyond which I need to buy ticket till Milan (as with Swiss Pass on that day I don’t need to buy ticket within Switzerland till that last station)?
    – Can I buy 2-FOR-1 Promotional Swiss Flexi Pass plus also the child card online? I would be taking train from Milan to Interlaken. Do I need to get down at any station for visa and ticket / pass checks or it can be done on the train itself

Kindly assist

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 September 2012 at 1:16:25 #837092

Hello ambarishd, and welcome!

As for your questions:
    [quote]ambarishd said: – Is there any better option than 2-for-1 promotional Swiss Saver Flexi Pass for 4 days plus a Child card amounting around 220 Euros?[/quote]
    No, this is the best option indeed.

[quote]ambarishd said: – If I choose following 4 days for unlimited travel using Swiss Flexi Pass – 17th, 18th, 20th & 23rd – will I be eligible to get 50% reduction on other days (19th, 21st & 22nd)?[/quote]
    Yes.

[quote]ambarishd said: – If yes – will this 50% reduction apply to Mt. Titlis tour also (Luzern to Engelberg and Cable Car from Engelberg to Mt. Titlis & back)? Just want to ensure whether 50% discount on this Cable Car tour mandates this date to be one of the unlimited travel dates in Swiss Pass?[/quote]
    Yes, discounted mountain transport applies on all days.

[quote]ambarishd said: – For booking ticket from Milan to Interlaken / Zurich to Milan – which is the last station within Switzerland beyond which I need to buy ticket till Milan (as with Swiss Pass on that day I don’t need to buy ticket within Switzerland till that last station)?[/quote]
    That would be Domodossola or Chiasso. A map can be downloaded from the Swiss Flexi Pass page.

[quote]ambarishd said: – Can I buy 2-FOR-1 Promotional Swiss Flexi Pass plus also the child card online? I would be taking train from Milan to Interlaken. Do I need to get down at any station for visa and ticket / pass checks or it can be done on the train itself[/quote]
    Yes, you can. Please go to the Swiss Flexi Pass page and select your country of residence, travelers and preferred pass. It will show you the purchase options, prices, shipping details, how to get the Swiss Family Card, etc.

Hotel suggestions can be found here.

Enjoy your stay!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2012 at 11:27:05 #837093

Thanks Arno

Wanted to have your opinion about how good was my itinerary – as this is the first time we made our own Swiss trip itinerary!
    Also – regarding the below question and your answer – does it mean that I “don’t need” to have unlimited travel option for 21st Oct to avail 50% discount for Mt. Titlis tour?
    ———————————
    ambarishd wrote:

– If yes – will this 50% reduction apply to Mt. Titlis tour also (Luzern to Engelberg and Cable Car from Engelberg to Mt. Titlis & back)? Just want to ensure whether 50% discount on this Cable Car tour mandates this date to be one of the unlimited travel dates in Swiss Pass?

Yes, discounted mountain transport applies on all days.
    ———————————

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 September 2012 at 12:19:13 #837094

Hi ambarishd,

Yes, you don’t need a day of unlimited traveling to get the discount. As for your itinerary: you will definitely see a lot of Switzerland this way. Your schedule looks good but it’s quite full on some days (e.g. 17 and 20 October). I would personally skip Zurich to spend more time in the mountains. You could spend the night in St. Moritz after arriving there by the Glacier Express. An extra night in Luzern would be great as well. Depending on the weather, you can make trips into the mountains from there, but boat trips as well, or even a day trip to Zurich. But it’s all about personal preferences of course.

• The thread ‘2-for-1 promotional Swiss Saver Flex Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.