20% off pass discount is over. Will it return?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2015 at 13:32:14 #807318

Hi,

We are travelling to Switzerland in July and I’m targeting the Swiss Rail Pass as our #1 option. 20% off would’ve been great, but that promotion expired yesterday (it was good for travel through end of June). Is it likely there will be another promotion for passes bought for July travel? I’m sad to see nothing is offered as of yet 🙁 thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    29 May 2015 at 14:23:04 #843530

Hi sjenne,

It’s not likely that this promotion will return for the high season. It’s not impossible either, but I don’t expect it. If you keep an eye on myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/promotions you won’t miss any new promotions. As you can see there you can get $10 off if you go to http://www.raileurope.com/pro motions/coupon-code-sale-spring-2015.html.

Also be sure to take a look at all points of sale on myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. One is cheaper than the other. In your case http://www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-pass might be a good option too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 May 2015 at 16:35:22 #843531

Thanks Annika! You just saved me some money! 🙂 That’s crazy that it’s a different price depending on where you buy it, but hey, nothing surprises me anymore 😉 BTW, i think even the $10 off promo is now gone. I had over $400 in my shopping card but it wouldn’t let the promotion code go through (although the reason why stated ‘You do not reach the minimum amount required for this promo code.”, which is obviously not true! I think the real reason is because, as stated on their website: “Offer is limited to the first 1,625 bookings”

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 May 2015 at 17:38:37 #843532

Good to hear that you purchased the pass. Actually purchasing a rail pass is not much different from purchasing a TV or any other product. Different shops offer different prices and promotions for the exact same product. That’s why we have the price overviews on our pass pages. It makes picking the right point of sale a bit easier.

I will check with Rail Europe why the $10 off did not work. If I find out I’ll let you know in the other topic. But you’re all set now!

• The thread ‘20% off pass discount is over. Will it return?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.