20% off Swiss Travel Pass in the SBB UK webshop

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2015 at 7:04:01 #845259

Hi Arno,

I have come to this promotion with great surprise. I am wondering whether the residents outside Europe can enjoy this 20% discount, as I come from Hong Kong and hold a HKSAR passport.

As I am 20 years old now, is it possible for me to get an adult pass instead of the youth one if I purchase online with this offer?Many thanks!Peter

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 October 2015 at 7:30:01 #845260

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately it’s only available for European travelers. Please see my reply to the previous poster. Of course you can try ordering it, but your order will probably be cancelled. Please see the below pages for retailers and promotions you can take advantage of:

In your case it makes sense to buy a Youth pass from one the below retailers:

Actually, that’s cheaper than the promo adult pass through the UK site, so I would not bother if I were you. Do note the delivery; it takes up to 8 business days through the first site I mentioned.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2015 at 7:39:03 #845261

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your advice. But since it is much cheaper for me to purchase through the UK site than I buy it in HK, so I may probably try this. Would I be informed and get a full refund if the order finally be cancelled?

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 October 2015 at 8:24:26 #845262

Hi Peter,

Perhaps you are looking at a different pass than I do. But if I check the prices of a 4-day 2nd class Swiss Travel Pass, there’s either hardly any difference, or the World site is cheaper. This depends on the number of passes you need and your payment method.

• http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk/en/node/66: the 4-day adult pass costs GBP 134 (about HKD 1590), assuming the Online Ticket option and payment by debit card, otherwise it’s more.
    • http://www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-82: the 4-day youth pass costs EUR 173 (about HKD 1477). There is a shipping fee of EUR 12 (regardless of the number of passes) and a small booking fee. Even if you only need one pass the amount adds up to HKD 1613, which is nearly the same as the UK site. If you need more than one pass it’s cheaper as shipping only needs to be paid once.

If you order through the UK site and they cancel it, you will be informed and get a full refund. But it may still cost you a bit of money as you would pay and receive an amount in a foreign currency, so your bank will most most probably charge a fee two times. Plus, the exchange rate may change between payment and refund, so that could cause you to receive a slightly different amount.

Does this help? Please let me know if I am missing your point.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2015 at 10:38:46 #845263

Hi Arno,

Could please tell me that hard copy of pass is required or take print at home ?

Is Print out pass valid ?

Arno
    15484 posts
    26 October 2015 at 10:54:00 #845264

Hi ratiksinghal,

You can select the delivery method you prefer: either the hard copy through mail or the “Online Ticket” through e-mail that you need to print yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • The thread ‘20% off Swiss Travel Pass in the SBB UK webshop’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.