2015 Swiss Rail Luggage options

• rphfred
    Participant
    3 posts
    29 November 2014 at 15:26:01 #806738

I am leading a group to Switzerland this Winter and have been trying to get a quote from SBB for their “group luggage a la carte” with no success. Are there any upcoming changes in the luggage offers for 2015? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    30 November 2014 at 9:27:12 #841356

Hi rphfred,

Thanks for posting! Luggage related information and links to the various SBB services can be found here: myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage. When you arrive from the US you can have your luggage transported to the nearest rail station with the Fly Rail Baggage Service. Also there are services for luggage transport within Switzerland. Normally you don’t need to contact the SBB beforehand (is your group very large?). I am not aware of any upcoming changes. Further details and prices can be found through the above link.

rphfred
    Participant
    3 posts
    30 November 2014 at 16:56:47 #841357

Thanks Arno, My group is 19 travelers and we are using Fly Rail Baggage incoming. Our question is transfers within Switzerland (specifically St Moritz to Zermatt on Saturday 31January 2015). I’ve used the SBB website to ask for a quote twice with no response. Also, I have tried using the SBB Fast Baggage locator link several times and for any dates I’ve tried in 2015 I get a message that the Fast Rail Baggage offer is not available and to check with the station, even between such big stations as Zurich HB and Bern. Is there someone I should contact directly? Thanks

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 December 2014 at 5:35:13 #841358

Hello rphfred,

The issue with the online tool sounds like a temporary problem. It might be related to the fact that the annual timetable change is coming up on December 14. I would guess that it will work soon, or shortly after December 14 at the latest. Apart from waiting for that, you can contact the SBB directly here. Pick the third option (domestic travel).

• The thread ‘2015 Swiss Rail Luggage options’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.