2015 Swiss Rail Luggage options

2015 Swiss Rail Luggage options

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
rphfred
rphfred
3 posts
Nov 29, 2014 - 3:26 PM

I am leading a group to Switzerland this Winter and have been trying to get a quote from SBB for their "group luggage a la carte" with no success. Are there any upcoming changes in the luggage offers for 2015? Thanks

Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Nov 30, 2014 - 9:27 AM

Hi rphfred,

Thanks for posting! Luggage related information and links to the various SBB services can be found here: myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage. When you arrive from the US you can have your luggage transported to the nearest rail station with the Fly Rail Baggage Service. Also there are services for luggage transport within Switzerland. Normally you don't need to contact the SBB beforehand (is your group very large?). I am not aware of any upcoming changes. Further details and prices can be found through the above link.

Last modified on Nov 30, 2014 - 9:29 AM by Arno
rphfred
rphfred
3 posts
Nov 30, 2014 - 4:56 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno, My group is 19 travelers and we are using Fly Rail Baggage incoming. Our question is transfers within Switzerland (specifically St Moritz to Zermatt on Saturday 31January 2015). I've used the SBB website to ask for a quote twice with no response. Also, I have tried using the SBB Fast Baggage locator link several times and for any dates I've tried in 2015 I get a message that the Fast Rail Baggage offer is not available and to check with the station, even between such big stations as Zurich HB and Bern. Is there someone I should contact directly? Thanks

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Dec 1, 2014 - 5:35 AM

Hello rphfred,

The issue with the online tool sounds like a temporary problem. It might be related to the fact that the annual timetable change is coming up on December 14. I would guess that it will work soon, or shortly after December 14 at the latest. Apart from waiting for that, you can contact the SBB directly here. Pick the third option (domestic travel).

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016