2019 Swiss Alps trip video

• Lijianhughes
    Participant
    44 posts
    24 March 2021 at 7:41:30 #825801

Hi everyone, I’ve visited the Swiss Alps twice and the last trip was in Sep 2019. With the pandemic still on-going I literally dreamed about going back. I’m hereby sharing this video of our 2019 trip to revisit the nice memories and stunning views. Enjoy the video and hope to see all of you on those beautiful tracks in no time!

youtu.be/It9T8Tis1fc

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2021 at 13:32:06 #934805

Hi Lijianhughes,

thank you very much for sharing this amazing video with us. I especially enjoyed the timelapse parts with the clouds. We would be happy if you could write a few words about your trip. 🙂

Thank you, take care,

Ildiko

SwissEd
    Participant
    7 posts
    24 March 2021 at 18:24:02 #934806

Thank you very much for this beautiful video

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    24 March 2021 at 21:37:39 #934807

Well now you’ve gone and done it! I have to make my reservation for a return trip after seeing all those wonderful sights… some of which I saw in person.

Lijianhughes
    Participant
    44 posts
    25 March 2021 at 2:09:39 #934808

Hi Lldiko et al,

Thanks for the nice words. That was actually the first and only time I created a montage video of my trip and I’m sure it cannot do the justice of the fantastic feeling of hiking the Swiss Alps, nevertheless I’m just so happy to be able to share it. In the past I’ve benefited so much from this forum, the information are just so accurate and up to date. This is exactly the reason why I started thinking about contributing to the forum in this sad travel ban period, in a way it is still satisfying just to talk about the Swiss Alps!

I thought about writing about my experience with the Swiss Alps but I simply have no clue where to start because I can’t tell which the best part of it is. Everything has been impressing us every time we were going back to the trails, villages, family hotels, restaurants in different time of the year. I can’t really name any favorite of them as I think each one is lovely in its own way. I also believe each of them must be listed somewhere on this forum with all the informative details but I’ll be glad to give reviews if I see anyone interested to know anything more specific.

I guess travelers love the Swiss Alps for different reasons. For us residing in a stressful cosmopolitan city and financial hub, spending our holidays in the peaceful Swiss Alps has been our craving for years and each time we went back, jumping off the plane and rushing back to our favorite little village, relaxing in the courtyard hearing the sound of nature and watching the beautiful mountain ranges or a starry night sky. I cannot tell by words how much it is like a dream.

Though things can get a bit touristy at certain TripAdvisor recommended spots and at certain time of the year, there are so many other and better options even within the same village. In general Swiss people in the Alps has never disappointed us on their warm hospitality. That said we’ve never been there during the skiing peak season as we’re more hikers than skiers.

With that I’m hoping to spend more time on this forum, till the time comes when we can start travelling again! Cheers!

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    25 March 2021 at 13:18:22 #934809

If that’s your first video, I sure hope it won’t be your last one. I could watch those all day!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2021 at 14:55:05 #934810

I would like to join Pkerr, if this was your first video, please do not stop making these videos. 🙂
    May I ask which one is your favorite little village? You mentioned it in your post but without the name. I am curious.

Ildiko

Lijianhughes
    Participant
    44 posts
    25 March 2021 at 15:21:20 #934811

It’s Wengen! We love it because it’s so easy to access yet so peaceful. In early summer when days are super long, we especially enjoy a relaxed walk pass the blossoming gardens around the village or just sitting in the yard watching the valley after dinner. Everything just winds down after most of the day visitors are gone, it felt like there’s only nature in there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 March 2021 at 16:51:31 #934812

Yes, I can understand your choice. 🙂

I hope you can come back to Switzerland as soon as possible to enjoy the Swiss Alps again.

Ildiko

Willdenvally
    Participant
    34 posts
    26 March 2021 at 0:02:18 #934813

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful video.

Regards

William

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    26 March 2021 at 7:13:18 #934814

Hi Lijianhughes,

Beautiful video. I visited in Sept/2018 and also stayed in Wengen. I was torn between staying down in the valley (Lauterbrunnen) and looking up, or staying up ( in Wengen) and looking down into the valley. I chose Wengen and loved the village. This video makes me want to go hiking around all there is to see in Zermatt. Cant wait to get back. Like you folks, I am more of a hiker than skier but would also love to visit in the winter when everything is white. The glacier pics you show, were they taken from the Bettmeralp area of the Aletch Glacier? As has been mentioned, please show more videos. This one was beautiful.

Danielsan

Lijianhughes
    Participant
    44 posts
    26 March 2021 at 9:02:15 #934815

Hi Danielsan,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes that’s Aletch Glacier, we took the cable car from Bettermeralp to Bettmerhorn, then hiked to Fiescheralp. The view was amazing. Here’s the route: http://www.myswissalps.com/hiking/bettmerhorn-marjelensee-fiescheralp/route

Regards

Lijianhughes

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    26 March 2021 at 14:18:17 #934816

Hi Lijianhughes,

Thanks for the route info. I’ve wanted to view the Aletch from that vantage point for quite some time now. This will keep me busy for awhile. Many choices and routes available to hike. Thanks again.

Danielsan

Shroffchetan
    Participant
    255 posts
    27 March 2021 at 7:12:21 #934817

Very nice video. Short and crisp

Pl do write your experience as trip report and definitely it will be helpful

For guidance pl refer trip report written by fellow travellers on myswissalps.com

• The thread ‘2019 Swiss Alps trip video’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.