Basel – Interlaken – Jungfraujoch -Basel in 2 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 July 2017 at 11:32:45 #812762

Hi,

I am planning for 2days trip from london to Basel in Aug mid weekend.

My flight reaches around 9.40 basel on saturday. Return planning to board flight on sunday nit 21.00

1.Can you please suggest how to travel from basel airport to mt.Jungfrau. should i buy swiss pass for 2days.

2. Is 2days suffice to cover interlaken and mt.Jungfrau. should i extend one more day my trip.

3. What is the best place to stay.

4. Im planning to roam around interlaken on sat and go to mt.jungfrau on sun morn. Does this sounds good. Can i return and catch the flight in time.

5.should i book tickets in prior to mt.jungfrau. if buyimg swiss pass, how much concession to reach top of mt.jungfrau.

6. With swiss pass, can i board any trains and buses.

Please provide your suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Please extend your suggestions

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 July 2017 at 13:11:15 #867495

Hi Saruu and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. You can use the timetable here to search for train connections. It will take about 4 hours with 3 or 4 train changes.
      The Swiss Travel Pass is valid for at least 3 days (no 2 day passes).
    2. It depends on what you want to see and do in Interlaken and Jungfraujoch. If you just want to see the city and then go up to Jungfraujoch yes 2 days is sufficient – you could easily spend a week or two there depending on what you want to do. I would stay at least 2 nights if not 3 if you can though
    3. In Interlaken? We have a list of hotels here. I would also look at Lauterbrunnen as it is closer to Jungfraujoch and has good train connections around the area.
    4. If you start early enough on Sunday morning yes you can be down at Jungfraujoch by 1 or 2pm.
    5. I often suggest not buying tickets ahead as the weather may be poor and you can’t see much at the top. For you however, as you have only Sunday morning to go, may want to reserve a seat. I would wait until Saturday to check the weather first.
    6. Yes, but some routes required you to still buy a ticket (at a discount). Such as Jungfraujoch where the trip is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass until Grindelwald or Wengen and then you must buy a ticket (at 25% off).

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2017 at 11:28:04 #867496

Thanks Lucas for your quick & valuable response. Will come back with more queries😎

• The thread ‘Basel – Interlaken – Jungfraujoch -Basel in 2 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.