Reserve seat for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2016 at 18:14:00 #809117

Hi Arno

In the below website it was written that i should reserve seat for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau and return as there is no garuntee that seat will be available. I went to reserve the seat, when i had to update the address India is not listed in the country. What do i do ? are these reservation confirmation sent by email , will a confirm seat no printed in email ticket ?

shop.jungfrau.ch/en/

regards

sethu

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    7 May 2016 at 11:59:05 #851659

Hi Sethu,

Can you provide us with the exact page and the exact text on that page telling you to reserve a seat? In general one would not reserve a seat. Please see:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2016 at 10:44:45 #851660

Arno

PL SEE ATTACHMENT.

Arno
    15481 posts
    8 May 2016 at 18:46:14 #851661

Hi Sethu,

Thanks for the screenshot. The site just says they can’t guarantee a seat at the desired time without a reservation. Which is indeed true, there’s no 100% guarantee, but that does not mean you have to buy a reservation. The two pages I linked to in my previous post say it all I guess. It’s optional, and only on very crowded days there’s a risk of not getting on the train at all. If you buy your ticket (and optional your seat reservation) the prior evening it will be fine.

• The thread ‘Reserve seat for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.