Reserve seat for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau

Reserve seat for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
TSethu
TSethu
26 posts
May 6, 2016 - 6:14 PM

Hi Arno

In the below website it was written that i should reserve seat for Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau and return as there is no garuntee that seat will be available. I went to reserve the seat, when i had to update the address India is not listed in the country. What do i do ? are these reservation confirmation sent by email , will a confirm seat no printed in email ticket ?

shop.jungfrau.ch/en/

regards

sethu

Arno
Arno
7707 posts
expert &
May 7, 2016 - 11:59 AM

Hi Sethu,

Can you provide us with the exact page and the exact text on that page telling you to reserve a seat? In general one would not reserve a seat. Please see:

TSethu
TSethu
26 posts
May 8, 2016 - 10:44 AM in reply to Arno

Arno

PL SEE ATTACHMENT.

Please login to see the attached documents
Arno
Arno
7707 posts
expert &
May 8, 2016 - 6:46 PM

Hi Sethu,

Thanks for the screenshot. The site just says they can't guarantee a seat at the desired time without a reservation. Which is indeed true, there's no 100% guarantee, but that does not mean you have to buy a reservation. The two pages I linked to in my previous post say it all I guess. It's optional, and only on very crowded days there's a risk of not getting on the train at all. If you buy your ticket (and optional your seat reservation) the prior evening it will be fine.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016