3-day Swiss Travel Pass for Tirano-Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2017 at 12:43:40 #810768

Hi. We have been following your forum for several months now. Very helpful.

After an upcoming week in Italy in early May, we will be flying back to Boston via Zurich. Our short trip through Switzerland will include Day 1, Tirano, Italy to Chur via the Bernina Express. Later in the day traveling from Chur to Lucerne. Day 2, day trip from Lucerne. Day 3, morning in and around Lucerne and later traveling to the Zurich Airport.

It looks like we should buy a 3-day Swiss Travel Pass. Do you agree or is there a better option? Will the pass cover any or all of the Bernina Express train?

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    9 February 2017 at 14:27:08 #858825

Hi davidspitz,

Happy to hear our website has been useful so far! As for your plans: yes, a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass certainly makes sense. It covers the entire Bernina Express ride (except for seat reservations). Also, both Rigi and Pilatus close to Lucerne are for free. Please find resellers at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price.

The Swiss Half Fare Card could be an alternative. It requires you to buy tickets for all trips though, so it’s less convenient than the Swiss travel Pass. If you want to make sure which option is most economical, I suggest you make calcatulations as explained at myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

Does this help you out?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 February 2017 at 21:08:44 #858826

Sounds good so far. However, I want to make sure of one detail. Your website shows that the Bernina Express is included and it specifically mentions Chur to Tirano. However, it does not say Tirano (i.e. starting in Italy) to Chur. I just want to make sure it is also included from that direction. Thanks.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 February 2017 at 21:14:47 #858827

Hi David,

No problem, any direction is covered. It’s just about routes. Whether you travel A to B, B to A or only part of the route is up to you.

• The thread ‘3-day Swiss Travel Pass for Tirano-Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.