3 day tour planning July 5 to 8

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2016 at 7:14:29 #809407

Hi,

We are planning to reach Zurich from paris by July 5th , 5 pm and returning from Milan on July 8th 11 pm .

We have our 2 children with us and they would like to spend some time with icy mountains.

Please suggest a good plan for us for a 3 days trip.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    10 June 2016 at 7:43:26 #852914

Hi roycegeorge, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

We can help you planning your trip by providing feedback about your plans, but you will need to do some home work first. We don’t know about your budget, travel pace and interests, so I’d suggest to start with our planning section, create a tentative plan, and post back here if you have any questions left.

Both the Lucerne and Interlaken areas are considered good bases for various kind of activities, so you may want to consider those. Assuming you’ll be arriving by train, there is no need to go to Zurich first. To save time, get off the train in Basel and travel straight to Lucerne or Interlaken from there.

I hope this gets you started!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    13 June 2016 at 0:00:10 #852915

Hi roycegeorge –

Not clear about this –

<<“We are planning to reach Zurich from paris by July 5th , 5 pm and returning from Milan on July 8th 11 pm .”>>

Returning from Milan to where?

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2016 at 8:44:08 #852916

Hi,

Sorry for the late response, here is our plan,

We are 2 families travelling together with 4 adults+ 4 Children [ 12 years] + 4 Children {15 years]

P;lease suggest a good plan for us. We are flying out from Milan on July 8th , 10.20 pm so we plan to spend some time in Domoddossolo to if possible.

July 5th Tuesday

Early Morning- Catch Train to Swiss- Bern

Reach Lauterbrunnen by train. –

July 6th. Wednesday

Explore Piz Gloria and Schiltchen burg/ Murrane.

July 7th. Thursday.

Explore nearby areas- Please suggest

Check out after lunch and proceed to Domoddossolo.

Please advise good plan specifying,

1.0 Places to stay to enjoy the scenery and explore teh surrounding, we prefer village near to railway station rather than cities.

2.0 Also advise the passes we need to buy sothat the trip can be completed with minimum budget.

3.0 Aalso advise how to buy tickets , ie online possible or we need to wait till reach swiss.

Annika
    7124 posts
    13 June 2016 at 13:08:06 #852917

Hi roycegeorge!

Lots of options for activities near Lauterbrunnen are listed here, and in case you don’t mind traveling a bit further, here as well. I’m sure you’ll find something that appeals to you and the rest of your travel party for July 7, and that fits the morning hours you have available before heading off for Domodossola. The timetable will help you to plan each trip in detail.

Please mind to use the correct spelling of destinations. It helps us and other forum visitors to understand what you mean, and it’s important to you as well when planning your trips with the aid of the timetable. If you mistype town and mountain names, the timetable may not be able to recognize what you have in mind. Some examples: Domodossola (not Domoddossolo), Schilthorn (I assume that’s what you mean with Schiltchen burg) and Mürren (I think that’s what you mean with Murrane).

Lauterbrunnen would be a fine base town, especially for the trip up to Schiltorn. Wengen would be nice too.

Which rail pass is best, ultimately depends on your finalized itinerary. Only a very detailed list of plans allows you to make calculations as explained here and tell for sure which option is most economical. In your case I’d consider to compare these options:

In both cases, children will travel along for free on all journeys with the free Swiss Family Card. The links I included allow you to explore all options. In most cases, passes can best be bought online in advance. Retailers are listed at the “Price” tabs of each of our pass pages. Both the Swiss Travel Pass as well as the Swiss Half Fare Card can easily be obtained as print at home tickets, without any addtional shipping or handling costs, from http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. Additional discounted tickets, if needed, can be purchased from railway stations or ticketing machines at the spot.

• The thread ‘3 day tour planning July 5 to 8’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.