3 day visit to Swiss

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2013 at 3:15:31 #806008

Hello Annika,
    We are reaching Basel airport on 31st may morning 8 am ( from Berlin ).We are there for swiss visit till June 2nd evening 19.20 flight Basel to berlin. We are 6 adults with 1 kid age-3.Please suggest places to visit for 3 days.

We are interested in Mountains and nature rather than cities. We have booked River lodge at Interlaken for 2 nights.

Jungfrau as it might be bad weather, we will visit Titlis on 2nd day and Pilatus on 3rd day from Interlaken , Is it ok ?
    1st day planning to cover Interlaken, what are the best places to cover in Interlaken in 1 day.
    1st day planning to reach Thun from Basel then continue thru Boat to Interlaken.
    Boat trip is it ok from Thun to Interlaken or from Interlaken to Brienz on 2 day.

Can we get reservation seat on Panorama train on same day of travel ?

Thanks
    Pramod

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 May 2013 at 3:52:37 #838728

Hello Pramod. Here‘s an extensive list of day trips to be made from Interlaken. You can plan them with the aid of the Swiss timetable and the Jungfrau railways timetable. If weather is fine I definitely recommend Jungfraujoch and/or Schilthorn (or one of the other viewing points mentioned, like Männlichen, First, Schynige Platte or Brienzer Rothorn). The Titlis or Pilatus wouldn’t be bad weather alternatives for the Jungfraujoch, as these are viewing points requiring clear skies too. You’d also be traveling quite long to get there form Interlaken.

A boat trip is a great experience. Both Thun-Interlaken and Interlaken-Brienz would be fine. You’ll find more information here.

If you need reservations for a panoramic train, you can best arrange for them in advance. Most trains don’t need reservations though. Please find further details here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2013 at 2:11:14 #838729

Hello Arno,
    Thanks for the quick reply,so if we cover Interlaken 2 days and 3rd day to zurich, will point to point ticket or swiss pass will be preferable.Hotel River lodge where we are staying providing local transport day ticket, will that cover narrow gauge trains and Gondola ?
    We use Lebara sim card in Berlin, will that have network in local Swiss with local call rates,
    So as per your suggestion if we cover one of the alps in interlaken area ,can we ignore titlis or pilatus ? with that we can save long journey to titlis from interlaken and can spend 2 days in interlaken area.
    Thank you
    Pramod

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2013 at 2:17:03 #838730

Hello Arno,
    Boat trip we are planning day 1 Thun to Interlaken while coming from Basel.So both Thun-Interlaken and Interlaken-Brienz boat trips are must to do or both feels same trip or same views ? anyone is enough ?as we have to fit many different visits in 3 day time

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2013 at 2:22:21 #838731

Hello Arno,
    In Germany we will have day group tickets for train journeys within Germany. so same ticket offers anything in swiss, as we are 6 people group.Our trip is friday to sunday , we can prefer group ticket by train to and from interlaken

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 May 2013 at 5:33:05 #838732

Hi Pramod,

You can look into the 3-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, which is basically a group ticket too, but it includes much more than just train traveling. It allows free traveling by train, bus and boat, so even the boat from Thun to Interlaken is included. And there’s a discount on mountain transport. Many museums are included for free too. All details and purchase options are here. The Hotel will probably provide a “visitor’s card”. It includes discounts on some attractions and free traveling in the immediate surroundings of Interlaken. This page includes a link to more details.

One boat trip will do if you don’t have much time. I would recommend to focus on attractions near Interlaken, unless the weather is much better elsewhere. If you want to include Titlis or Pilatus, you could do one of them if you travel from Interlaken to Zurich via Lucerne. That’s more efficient than a return trip from Interlaken.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2013 at 3:45:29 #838733

Hello Arno,
    Could you please give information on pricing to visit Round about journey interlaken and visit to mountains like schilthorn,Jungfrau and Titlis, Pilatus. In interlaken region if I buy ticket for one mountain, could I goto other mountains with same ticket, suppose If I buy ticket for Schilthorn, with that same ticket can I goto Manlichen,Schynige Platte or Brienzer Rothorn also ?
    kind Regards,
    Pramod

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 May 2013 at 4:56:54 #838734

Hi Pramod,

Prices are on the websites of each attraction, such as the Titlis site. Prices for the Jungfrau region are all here. If you have a Swiss Flexi Pass, you’d just buy a discounted ticket at each valley station. The ticket is valid for that attraction only, not for anything else.

There are other passes that include mountain transport too, but they’re only available for one region, e.g. the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2013 at 5:51:01 #838735

Hello Arno,
    Thank you very much for the quick answers.May be this is the last question from me today.
    I studied all types of swiss passes, but Could you tell me difference between swiss saver pass and swiss saver flexi pass.which one is preferrable.
    Now I am freezing first 2 days in interlaken area visit of my 3 days swiss tour which covers mountains and local sightseeing .Could you suggest me 3rd day visit on the return way from interlaken ( either Lucern ? Zurich ? sight seeing ) to Basel.
    Kind Regards,
    Pramod

Annika
    7124 posts
    19 May 2013 at 8:54:41 #838736

Hello Pramod. I suggest you take a 3 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass, like Arno suggested. All details can be found on the page Arno mentioned. A Swiss Saver Pass wouldn’t be worth it, as the minimum validity period is 4 days.

Arno suggested side trips to be made on your way from Interlaken to Basel, like Pilatus, Titlis or Rigi near Lucerne, right? The Rigi would be entirely for free with your Swiss Saver Flexi Pass and it’s a splendid journey, provided that the weather is fine.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2013 at 5:33:08 #838737

Hello Annika,

We are staying in Berlin Germany and travelling from Berlin to Basel. Where can we buy swiss pass once we reach Basel airport.
    Or can we get in Berlin also ?

Regards,
    Pramod

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 May 2013 at 5:55:26 #838738

Hi Pramod,

Please check the link to all pass details and purchase options I gave you. It shows all details of both online purchase and at the station. I don’t know about Berlin; you probably can’t get it there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2013 at 6:35:50 #838739

Hello Annika,
    As you mentioned Trip to Mount Rigi kulm is it really free with swiss saver flexi pass ? which includes cable way from Weggis to Rigi kaltbad and cogwheel train from Rigi kaltbad to Vitznau ?
    Pramod

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 May 2013 at 7:12:32 #838740

Hi Pramod,

Yes, that’s all included for free. You can see such details by downloading the network map from the Swiss Flexi Pass page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 May 2013 at 9:08:15 #838741

Hello Arno,
    Thank you very much for too many information. 3rd day we would like to visit either Zurich or Bern. Which one would be better , could you give some info on places to see in Zurich or Bern.
    Thanks
    Pramod

• The thread ‘3 day visit to Swiss’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.