3 days Switzerland, 2 adults, 2 kids. Which pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2016 at 1:36:05 #809750

Good Day,

I have a family of 4. Two kids age 12 and 9 and 2 adults. I will be traveling from Paris to Interlaken on Train. I will stay 3 days. I would like to go to Schilthorn top of the Europe and then next day I would like to visit Jungfrau and On my last day I will be traveling to Zurich to catch my flight back to Paris.

What should be the cheapest option do I have as have a tight budget? Do I need to buy two 3 days Swiss passes? if so do we get any discount traveling to Jungfrau? what is the cheapest option I have? Your help will be appreciated.

Dar

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    24 July 2016 at 10:46:18 #854536

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps, Dar!

Either a 3 day Swiss Travel Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card will probably work best.

• the Swiss Travel Pass will allows free traveling on trains, buses and boats throughout Switzerland, plus a 50% discount on the Schilthorn ride and a 25% discount on the Jungfraujoch ride up from Wengen/Grindelwald: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass;
    • the Swiss Half Fare Card provides a 50% discount on all rides, but no free traveling. You’ll have to buy discounted tickets for each trip you plan to make: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard.

You can compare the options using the links I just inserted. Detailed information on how the passes work, where they’re valid and how to use them can be found there. You’ll probably need to make calculations if you want to be absolutely sure which pass turns out to be the most economical option for your travel plans: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass. Both passes can best be purchased as print at home passes in advance. Retailers can be found through the “Price” tabs of both pass pages.

Mind that you’ll also need tickets from Paris to the Swiss border: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2016 at 14:00:51 #854537

Thank you so much I’ll do the math! Really appreciate your quick response!!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 July 2016 at 22:09:06 #854538

Hello,

If I’ll buy Swiss Travel Pass, does it help me travel between Basel to Interlaken for free?

Thanks in advance

Dar

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 July 2016 at 0:29:57 #854539

Hello,

Thanks for all your help! I have another question regarding the Swiss Travel Pass. If we buy 2 cards one for myself and one for my wife. Do we need to buy travel passes for our kids as well their ages are 9 and 12? I believe kids will be free along with the parents with Swiss Travel pass but I just need to confirm.

Also if I buy 2 passes online will our ride to and from Basel to Interlaken be free for 4 of us if we have Swiss Travel Pass? Also is there any extra charges to get family pass along with Swiss Travel Pass or it will be free?

Your help will really be appreciated.

Regards,

Dar

Arno
    15482 posts
    27 July 2016 at 4:19:25 #854540

Hi Dar,

• Basel to Interlaken is free, please see the map under “Where it’s valid”, on the Swiss Travel Pass page Annika referred to.
    • Yes, children travel for free, please see the “Price” section on that same page.
    Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 July 2016 at 4:33:04 #854541

Thank you so much for all your help!

• The thread ‘3 days Switzerland, 2 adults, 2 kids. Which pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.