3 days in Switzerland-which pass/places to visit?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2016 at 3:26:06 #808432

Dear Forum, My husband and I will be in Switzerland from 9 – 12 March 2016. We will be arriving in Zurich on on 9th March at 11.20 am (from Hanover to Zurich, haven’t got the flight ticket though).

• we would like to go straight from Zurich to St Moritz by train and stay overnight in St Moritz ( on 9th )
    • Take Glacier Express the next morning to Zermatt and return to zurich on the same day( on on 10th)
    • Going to Lucerne and interlaken and back to Zurich ( on 11th )
    • Leaving Zurich at 21.45 ( on 12th)

Could anyone suggest if the above plan is alright and not to hectic or need to be revised? . It would be great if anyone can advise on the Pass as well. Thanking you in advance. Cheers, Minnoli

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 February 2016 at 7:04:28 #848492

Welcome Oly!

Your plan is not too hectic. It’s a scenic train focused itinerary, similar to this example, which is perfectly fine. You have very limited time for sightseeing though. There’s one change I would make: stay in Zermatt for the night rather than even more traveling after the Glacier Express. Then take a train to Spiez the next day and the Golden Pass line to Lucerne and finally Zurich.

A 3-day Swiss Travel Pass fits your plan. You can buy it through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en and print it at home (no shipping fees or other costs). Apart from that you need a seat reservation for the Glacier Express.

You posted to the Accommodation forum. I moved your post to the Miscellaneous forum since you didn’t have a question about accommodation. Once you have selected towns to stay, please feel free to post to the Accommodation forum for help. The example itinerary will be helpful too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2016 at 3:58:07 #848493

Hi Arno,

Thank you so much for your reply. We like your sample itinerary. Your suggestion to stay in Zermatt and take the Glacier Express the next day to St Moritz, it does make sense. We have just booked the 3 days Swiss Pass and will do the seat reservation for Glacier express and look for accommodation accordingly. Cheers, Minnoli

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 February 2016 at 9:54:32 #848494

Good to hear that Minnoli! For accommodation suggestions, please see our town pages in linked to in my post. If you need more help finding hotels, feel free to post to the accommodation forum.

• The thread ‘3 days in Switzerland-which pass/places to visit?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.