3 days Swiss Travel Pass exploration

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2017 at 18:21:23 #811479

Dear All,

We would like to explore Switzerland starting from Zurich (Time period: 23 June to 25 June 2017) with Swiss Travel Pass. Can anyone please recommend travel route which will start and end to Zurich.

Thanks

Santosh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 April 2017 at 19:25:21 #861878

Hi Santosh,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! The Swiss Travel Pass includes all train routes in Switzerland so it won’t be a limiting factor while determining a travel plan. Your interests, budget and the amount of time you’re willing to spend on trains are important to start planning. Please see myswissalps.com/plantr ip and myswissalps.com/activi ties/scenictrips for suggestions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    21 April 2017 at 22:47:05 #861879

Hi Santos,

Are you arriving at Zurich on 23rd and leaving 25th? This timing will be critical to what you can achieve.

For scenic rail you could take Golden Pass Line to Montreux. Then on to Zermatt to see Matterhorn. Then Glacier Express to Chur and on to Zurich. Alternative is Gotthard Panorama Express Luzern to Lugano then Bernina Express to Chur and on to Zurich.

If time is constrained and you don’t want to spend a lot of time in trains then there are many many sights within easy reach of Luzern on which you can use your STP.

Really depends on your aim.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 6:25:42 #861880

Thanks Arno.

At rockoyster. Thanks. I can be flexible with my dates, even can start from 22 till 25. Also I will be staying till 1st July in Zurich but the thing is that I can explore Zurich from 26 to 30 after 6 pm only, suggest places for this as well.

The aim is to take STP for 3 days and explore Switzerland. One more thing to mention I will be reaching to Zurich airport around 9 am on 22 or 23 June. So can I start my STP journey with glacial or something u guys suggest there?

Thanks

Santosh

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    22 April 2017 at 7:13:20 #861881

Hi Santos,

Looks like you have some flexibility. If you want to do scenic railway journeys check them out here http://www.myswissalps.com/ac tivities/scenictrips/t rain

If you are going to spend your three days on trains then you really need to check the timetables to see what you can fit in. Check timetables at http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable or for 3-day tours from Zurich see http://www.myswissalps.com/ra ilholidays

If you want to have a base in Luzern and enjoy the many attractions (most covered by Swiss Travel Pass) of that city/region then check out http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne/activities You can easily get direct from Zurich airport to Luzern by train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 11:37:48 #861882

Thanks rockoyster. My dates are final i.e from 22 June to 25 June. However I was not able to pinpoint the difference between Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass flex. Does it matter if I will choose Swiss Travel Pass?

My tentative itinerary includes

22 June: Zurich airport to Lucerne and Rigi by boat. I am also planning to explore Luzern. Followed by staying at Lucerne.

23 and 24 June: Exploring Lucerne, Interlaken, Spiez, Bern, Monreux and Laussene . However not sure with route arrangement.

25 June: Can you recommend something on way back to Zurich central train station.

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 17:16:20 #861883

Hi Santosh,

The Swiss Travel Pass is valid for 3 or 4 consecutive days whereas the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is non-consecutive days (you pick the dates within one month). In your case you would want the cheaper Swiss Travel Pass.

June 22 looks ok
    June 23: explore Luzern and Bern perhaps?
    June 24: Montreux and maybe Lausanne? I would stick to two points max per day depending on what you want to do there at each town.

There isn’t a lot between Luzern and Zurich, especially when traveling by train. Perhaps use that day to explore Zurich?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2017 at 9:00:59 #861884

Hi Lucas,

Thanks!!

S

• The thread ‘3 days Swiss Travel Pass exploration’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.