3 favorite hikes in Lauterbrunnen area?

3 favorite hikes in Lauterbrunnen area?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Thor1
Thor1
2 posts
Aug 10, 2017 - 4:20 PM

My husband and I are staying in Lauterbrunnen for 6 nights. We have a car. We are looking for spectacular hikes where we can take a lift up and down and have + or - 4-5 hrs walk in between in striking terrain.

We are intermediate hikers. We will be in Lauterbrunn next week, August 14.

Please give me some suggestions. Thanks !

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3492 posts
expert
Aug 10, 2017 - 8:47 PM in reply to Thor1

Hi Thor1-

Welcome to my Swiss Alps.

Here's a start:

www.myswissalps.com/hi king

Also-

www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion/activitie s

or more personalized suggestions, check out:

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim

This may help:

www.swissholidayco.com /Public/Assets/User/fi les/Map-of-Jungfrauregion1.jpg

Talk to the tourist info office in Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen or Wengen

My guess is that you won't use your car, but if you look more broadly in the Bernese Oberland, instead of only the Jungfrau Region, it may be handy.

www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland

The best topo maps are found at Switzerland Mobility, which is graet for train information if you can make it work for you:

map.wanderland.ch/?lang=de&route=all&bgLa yer=pk&resolution=20&l ayers=Wanderland&E=263 7300&N=1159620

and, the best professional map of Switzerland; I have turned on hikingtrails in this link. Blue are technical climbing:

map.geo.admin.ch/?topic=ech&lang=en&bgLa yer=ch.swisstopo.pixel karte-farbe&layers=ch.bav.ha ltestellen-oev,ch.swisstopo.swiss tlm3d-wanderwege&layers_visi bility=false,true&X=16 2307.92&Y=640309.99&zo om=4

Does that get you started?

Slowpoke

Lucas
Lucas
2464 posts
top member &
Aug 11, 2017 - 6:05 AM in reply to Thor1

Hi Thor1,

When you use the hiking link Slowpoke gave you (1st link above) be sure to use the filter on the side to narrow down the hikes that will appear (duration, difficulty, region etc). :)

Lucas

Thor1
Thor1
2 posts
Aug 11, 2017 - 7:41 AM in reply to Slowpoke

Thank you for the hint. I am a novice and still trying to figure out how to maneuver the web site.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017