3 night 4 day plan in Switzerland. Please suggest.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2015 at 14:14:12 #807902

Hi everyone, please suggest if any changes required

Day 1 : Reaching zurich from vienna by train in morning at 8:30am, – plan to go to rhine falls, or directly to luzern, have booked all 3 nights hotel in luzern. Local sightseeing at evening in luzern.

Day 2: Mount titlis, and local sightseeing in luzern.

Day 3: leave early at 6 am by luzern – interlaken express to reach interlaken by 8am and go to junfraujoch, back to luzern at night.

Day 4: Mount pilatus and stanserhornif time permits. Night train from zurich to vienna.

I have planned to take tell pass for 4 days at it will cover my luzern area trip and journey upto interlaken.

Have not included glacier express in the plan, is it possible.

Is there any pass which can cover rhine falls and my trip from zurich to zug, as my tell pass will cover my journy from zug to luzern. I am planning to buy tell pass at zurich railway station.

Thanks, all suggestiona are welcomed.

Mahesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 September 2015 at 13:20:01 #846026

Hi Mahesh,

On day 1, you can buy a ZVV day pass for all zones of the Zurich public transport network. It covers the ride to the Rhine Falls, and part of the trip to Luzern. I’d recommend to buy it from a staffed ticket desk and also ask for the ticket you will need for the additional ticket you’ll need to Zug.

Note that you will not get any discount on the Jungfraujoch trip. A Swiss Half Fare Card saves you half of the normal fare, which is about CHF 200. It also saves you money on the day pass in Zurich. You could even consider not to buy a Tell-Pass, but just a Swiss Half Fare Card. But you would have to do the math to find out whether that’s cheaper. A Swiss Half Fare Card can best be purchased online, as you can see here.

Day 3 will be very long, around 11 hours or so. Make sure the weather is good before spending so much time and money on the Jungfraujoch trip.

There’s no time for the Glacier Express in your plans.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘3 night 4 day plan in Switzerland. Please suggest.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.