3 nights in Switzerland: Zermatt and Montreux

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 October 2015 at 0:24:13 #808034

Hi, Thanks in advance for your suggestions. I am looking at flying into Geneva on the evening of 22 Oct and getting onto a train to Zermatt. I’d ideally like to spend 2 nights in Zermatt and then head to the Chateau d’oex/Montreaux area for a night and then back to geneva to fly out the evening of the 25th.

Any suggestions for transport?

Suggestions on things to do…I would love to get into the mountains hiking, specific trail suggestions?

Many thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 October 2015 at 17:54:50 #846523

Welcome to MySwissAlps Princess!

Transportation by train is the best option. As for things to do, please have a look at these pages:

A Swiss Half Fare Card would most probably be your best option price wise. A Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days is the more convenient option (no tickets to buy except for cable cars). Please see here for the purchase options:

As you can see you can best buy online, either to save money, or for convenience. Since your travel date is close I recommend to get one of the above passes through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. If you buy there, they will e-mail your pass in a day or two, so you can print it at home and board your train straight away once you’ve reached Geneva.

Have a good time in Switzerland!

• The thread ‘3 nights in Switzerland: Zermatt and Montreux’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.