3 nights in Switzerland: Zermatt and Montreux

3 nights in Switzerland: Zermatt and Montreux

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
princess
princess
1 post
Oct 15, 2015 - 12:24 AM

Hi, Thanks in advance for your suggestions. I am looking at flying into Geneva on the evening of 22 Oct and getting onto a train to Zermatt. I'd ideally like to spend 2 nights in Zermatt and then head to the Chateau d'oex/Montreaux area for a night and then back to geneva to fly out the evening of the 25th.

Any suggestions for transport?

Suggestions on things to do...I would love to get into the mountains hiking, specific trail suggestions?

Many thanks

Arno
Arno
7720 posts
expert &
Oct 15, 2015 - 5:54 PM

Welcome to MySwissAlps Princess!

Transportation by train is the best option. As for things to do, please have a look at these pages:

A Swiss Half Fare Card would most probably be your best option price wise. A Swiss Travel Pass for 4 days is the more convenient option (no tickets to buy except for cable cars). Please see here for the purchase options:

As you can see you can best buy online, either to save money, or for convenience. Since your travel date is close I recommend to get one of the above passes through www.swissrailways.com/ en. If you buy there, they will e-mail your pass in a day or two, so you can print it at home and board your train straight away once you've reached Geneva.

Have a good time in Switzerland!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016