3 people to Switzerland – 6th – 11th Aug, 12

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2012 at 13:49:32 #805429

We are a family of 3 travelling first time to Switzerland.

Intend to travel to Lugano on 6th August from Milan and stay as follows:

1 night Lugano (6 Aug)
    1 night Pontresina (Covering CORVATSCH or some other recommended place by cable car) – 7 Aug)
    3 nights Zug (Covering Jungfraujoch, Titlis) and then return flight from Zurich. (8, 9 and 10 Aug)

Please suggest the best itinerary with most reasonable mode of transportation. I will hire a car which can be surrendered in Zug or I can keep it till the last day and surrender at Zurich airport.

Look forward to your comments.

Regards
    Vijay

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    11 July 2012 at 4:03:14 #836607

Hello Vijay, and welcome to the forum. I think your itinerary is pretty much finalized, right? You can use the timetable to plan your trips. The Graubünden and Bernese Oberland day trip overview may help you to pick some other plans.

Personally, I would prefer to use public transportation as much as possible. It’s a very convenient and relaxed way of traveling. Moreover, many places up in the mountains can’t even be reached by car. Whether you need a rail pass, and which one, really depends on the trips you plan to make by public transportation. If you leave out the car, I’d say you should consider Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. A Swiss Half Fare Card would be a good alternative, even if combined with car trips. These general guidelines may help you choose.

I hope this helps you out!

• The thread ‘3 people to Switzerland – 6th – 11th Aug, 12’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.