30% discount on 1st class Swiss Travel Pass

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2016 at 17:21:26 #849296

Arno

Any deals on Swiss travel pass in July (my travel days July 22 – July 26)? I am in US.

Thanks

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 March 2016 at 19:47:12 #849297

Hi mali1626,

I expect more promotions to come, but I don’t have details yet. As soon as we know the details we’ll post to the forum and to myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ promotions. So keep an eye on that page and be sure to subscribe to the new forum message e-mails. Many promotions are not for the high season, but you never know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 4:46:27 #849298

Hi, I am an Indian and would like to buy 30 % swiss travel pass discount for 1st class for 15 days continuous. We are 6 adults 1 youth and 4 children. My journey starts on 21.06.2016 and end on 30.06.2016. Please suggest whether i can do this booking online and print the ticket instantaneously. Also i see that this is not an Indian site – raileurope.com and is different from raileurope.in. Please suggest the authenticity of this site. Whether my booking will be safe from this site. Can you also guide me the amount i will be charged on my credit card by my bank in India for foreign currency purchase. As i will be paying in dollars.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 5:17:30 #849299

Hi Vishaludawat,

It is actually super easy and safe, I have received a credit card confirmation from my bank and email confirmation + E-tickets from Rail Europe. You just need to go to the right website (Arno posted it before, I fail to paste it here) and choose =>15 Consecutive Travel Days (e-pass) => your first travel date => Passagers details => promotion code => Pay

And of course it is charged at USD and the exchange rate and bank charges are subject to your bank . I found it is really convenient. My friend and I dont need to carry that much money with us now!

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 March 2016 at 6:17:02 #849300

Hi vishaludawat,

The pass will not be e-mailed immediately, but within 1-2 working days (they process orders manually). As sumsum says, the site is perfectly safe. We only post trusted websites here. Details and prices can be found on http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html. That’s the site with the offer, please see my initial post.

The amount charged by your own bank depends on the exchange rate at the moment you order, and the fee your bank charges for a foreign transaction. Please check with them for details. Usually it’s a small amount.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 March 2016 at 6:20:08 #849301

Hi sumsum,

How long did it take in your case to receive the actual pass in the e-mail?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 6:53:23 #849302

Hi Arno,

Amazingly I ve received them within 10 hours

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 March 2016 at 7:07:16 #849303

Good to hear that, thanks sumsum!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 17:39:02 #849304

Thank you so much Arno and Sumsum. You cleared all my doubts. looking forward to a comfortable 1 st class travel in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 18:08:21 #849305

Hi

We are planning to take Swiss Travel Pass. We have a daughter who is 8 years old and we are planning to take Swiss Family card.

I am trying to reserve ticket for in Golden pass panaroma 2915 in the website traintickets.myswitzer land.com/train-tickets/

One question about Reservation. When I try to reserve tickets in Golden pass panaroma, do we need to mention my daughter as Youth child. Then site is taking my daughter as a adult and calculating the price of three people.

If we don’t do the reservation, do we have a separate seat for my daughter .

Same for Jungfraujoch Ticket shop.jungfrau.ch/en/ti ckets/bergbahn/jungfra ujoch-ticket-anschlussticket-zum-ga-und-swisspass-ab-grindelwald-bis-wengen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 18:49:36 #849306

Sir I have one more doubt as I told I am an Indian. The website: raileurope.com is for North American passport holders only. I checked on the website also it says you have to have a password for North American countries. If that is the case how will I be able to book as I have an Indian passport and the Indian sister concern raileurope.in does not have 30% discount promotion.

Annika
    7116 posts
    17 March 2016 at 18:51:08 #849307

Hi blpaul, welcome to MySwissAlps,

Both trains do not require reservations. I have never used the website you mentioned to book seats. From what you’re writing it seems like a site to book regular tickets, which is not what you need. Please see the below pages for information and links to sites to book seats (also check under “More on other websites”):

Without a reservation a seat is not guaranteed. You just sit in any available seat.

As this is not related to the promotion discussed here I’d like to ask you to post further questions in a new thread please. Thanks!

Annika
    7116 posts
    17 March 2016 at 18:58:37 #849308

Hi vishuladawat,

Where (which page?) did you read about the North American passport? If you go to http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html you can select India as the country of the passengers while ordering. Sumsum is not from North America either and it worked fine. Please carefully read Arno’s first post: this promotion only applies to e-passes (print at home) and 1st class, and only on the mentioned websites. If you order anything else it may not work. Please let me know if it worked for you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 19:14:39 #849309

On the same website raileurope.com if you go to who can book on your website you get this answer. I went to the end of the page. Clicked contact us. Go to rail help section. Than go to placing a booking and last on who can book on your website. However if I try to book it it allows me giving Indian passport and also gives me discount. I did not make the payment as I wanted to be pretty sure about this issue. Kindly guide me.

Annika
    7116 posts
    17 March 2016 at 19:28:11 #849310

Hi vishaludawat,

Thanks for your reply. I now found that section and see what you mean. It’s a very general statement though, not specific to any product. People from other parts of the world cannot have physical passes/tickets shipped to them, but I’ve not heard about limitations with e-passes. Also I’ve never heard of Swiss train staff asking for a passport and also a residency card. It’s the same thing in most cases; a passport is sufficient. A similar issue applies to Europeans living in the US and buying an Interrail Pass instead of a Eurail Pass. They can because they have a European passport. Nobody will ask about their current residency. Anyway, in practice this Rail Europe site seems to sell e-passes to everyone. For more details you can check with them directly. All I can do is interpret their offer and check what’s possible, and they do allow you to order this at the moment.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 19:40:10 #849311

That’s a great relief. Thanks for taking all that effort for my queries. I think I will go ahead with it. Thanks again. Vishal Udawat

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 19:45:11 #849312

Hi Annika,

Just that you mentioned, do we need to carry around our Passports (I am from India with an Indian Passport) everytime we make a train journey ? Since most of our journey will be using the Swiss Travel Pass or can we simply keep a Xeror or e-copy of passport (as pdf on mobile) to show ?

Annika
    7116 posts
    17 March 2016 at 19:57:16 #849313

Hi sskundu,

Yes, you do need the passport at all times, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ howtouse. Whether they would accept a copy I don’t know. I don’t think so.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 March 2016 at 20:10:13 #849314

I did read that post earlier but considering the fact that anyone would be having tedious plans throughout the day…. from going to mountain tops to river boat rides to other things, carrying around the original passport at all times (esp. if its a group then more number of passports) is very risky for the chances of losing them.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2016 at 19:46:16 #849315

Hello… At first planning this was overwhelming….. but step by step I am getting there.

We have 9 nights of lodging reserved beginning May 22… Murren, Lausanne, and Luzerne before leaving from Zurich on May 31.

Ahh… The Rail pass… the 1st class pass with discount sounds most interesting, but I wonder if it is worth it if the seats are not reserved and therefore there might not be space there…. We do prefer it more quiet so that is our preference. I am thinking the 8 day consecutive pass makes the most sense. But I would also like to reserve a segment of one of the scenic trains while travelling, especially if it could be between our three bases. So,

1.) If the seats are not reserved, is it still worth getting the 1st class pass, and why?

2.) Which scenic train might we add in to our journey on this trip, and how does that segment get reserved?

Thanks,

Frances

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • The thread ‘30% discount on 1st class Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.