3.5 days trip to Switzerland- need advise

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 September 2014 at 21:03:13 #806631

Hi ,

Please find my below plan for 3.5 days trip to Switzerland. I will be based in Interlaken .

I want to experience Glacier alps,Hiking,Gondola ride,Boating & Glacier express in this short trip.

Please advise which will be the most economical pass . I am traveling with my husband and daughter(4.5 yrs). Also advise if any changes are needed in the itinerary.

15-Sep Copenhagen to Basel reaching at 2:45 pm
    Take a train from Basel to Interlaken
    Get down at Thun/Spiez and go by boat to Interlaken
    Boat experience

16-Sep

Jungfrau and Schilthorn in one day.
    Interlaken Ost – Grindelwald – Kleine Schidegg- Jungfraujoch – Kleine Schidegg – Lauterbrunnen – bus to Schilthornbahn – Schilthorn – Murren – Lauterbrunnen – Interlaken

Glacier experience & Gondola ride

17-Sep Interlaken to Zermat

From Interlaken to Zermatt..Take Glacier express to St Moritz. till Andermatt and return from Andermatt to Brig to interlaken

Panoramic train experience

18-Sep Interlaken – lucern
    Take Golden pass train to reach Lucern
    Take a train from Lucern to Rigi Staffelhöhe
    Hike and return to interlaken

Hiking experience

19-Sep Interlaken to Basel start at 9 AM
    Basel Cathedral
    Basel to CPH @ 14:45 pm

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    10 September 2014 at 5:52:39 #841034

Hello dpkeee,

I recommend a 4 day Swiss Saver Pass. See here for prices, points of sale, what’s included, how to use the pass, etc.: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisspass

Your itinerary looks good if you don’t mind a lot of traveling. The Glacier Express day is very long though, and you will be doing the same route twice. If you are going to spend that much time on it, I think you will enjoy it better if you make it a circular trip. A sample route is Interlaken – Brig (board the Glacier Express) – Andermatt – Chur (deboard) – Zurich – Bern – Interlaken. This way, the ride will also include the Oberalp Pass and the Rhine gorge. See the timetable for details please.

I hope this was useful for you!

Kind regards,

Annika

• The thread ‘3.5 days trip to Switzerland- need advise’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.