How to organize a self guided 4-5 day trip in July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2016 at 15:26:06 #809416

Dear moderators

I am a female who live in UK and am taking my 2 brothers (from India) to Switzerland for 4-5 days whichever suits better.

To be honest I wanted to get the tour package but seems like it cannot be done due to time issue.

They are reaching UK on 3rd July and we are planning to visit Switzerland during 7-11 July 2016. I stumbled upon your website upon browsing and saw the raving feedback and hence thought of giving it a try with hope.

We are 30-40 age category and I have a UK passport and they have Indian passports. I would like to have a plan for a 4 day trip from UK.I am very flexible about which Switzerland airport we land in etc although the with flight timings it looks better with Zurich when we reach Zurich at 0930 hrs. I would also like to know about the travel pass, accommodation etc.

I do drive but I am not very comfortable in driving in Switzerland with my Indian brothers.

Thanks in advance

Bobby

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15479 posts
    11 June 2016 at 17:26:37 #852972

Hi Bobby, thanks for your post!

There is certainly hope 🙂 But indeed an organized tour might be difficult to arrange for on such short notice in high season. You can arrange for your own trip through. If you can go 5 days, please do. There is lots to see in Switzerland. Even in 5 days you will just scratch the surface. A 4-day Swiss Travel Pass can still make sense if you limit traveling the first or last day.

You are making the right choice not to drive (see here). Switzerland has an excellent public transport system. That’s more relaxing than trying to find your way driving in unknown territory.

We do not make custom itineraries but you will find lots of information on our website to make one yourself. You’ll find tips and sample itineraries here. All about travel passes and accommodation is here:

Please also see the top menu and the search box. Feel free to post your tentative itinerary and further questions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2016 at 17:42:12 #852973

Thanks a ton Arno for a quick reply.

My current plan – not confirmed yet

Fly from London to Zurich – stay there 1-2 nights

Move around and stay – the plan will be updated to you soon once I check your sample itinerary

Then fly back from Geneva to London so I don’t have to go back to Zurich to fly back. I know this is not much of an itinerary but will update soon :0)

Regards and many thanks

Bobby

Arno
    15479 posts
    11 June 2016 at 18:30:37 #852974

You’re welcome Bobby! One tip for now is to consider Lucerne instead of Zurich. More to see in that region, which is actually in the Alps. Zurich isn’t.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 June 2016 at 1:30:15 #852975

Hi Bobby-

Luzern is quite convenient from Zürich airport, and a better base for first time visitors.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2016 at 10:57:39 #852976

Hi Bobby, Swiiss Tours offers a 5 days 4 nights free and easy Interlaken/Lucern tour package. Includes Swiss Half Travel Pass, visits to Mt Titlis and Jungfrujoch and hotel stay

While you are in Lucern, you can visit Mt Pilatus, take a walk around the lake and visiti Aechbach chocolate factory nearby. In Interlaken, you can go up Harder Kulm. With the half travel pass, you have unlimited travels and enjoy a 50% discount on entrance fees n cable car rides. I did all these on my first visit to Switzerland. It was great.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2016 at 11:03:25 #852977

Hi Bobby

Here’s the link

http://www.swisstours.com/Swi tzerland.aspx?cntry=MY

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2016 at 11:04:53 #852978

Hi lkwlee

I am just looking at the swiss tours after I saw your first post. Looks good and like what I need exactly too

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2016 at 11:05:47 #852979

Thanks Slowpoke. This site is amazing. Well done all

Bobby

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    12 June 2016 at 23:40:04 #852980

Hi Bobby –

Thanks.

However, i am only a forum member. Arno and Annika ( the forum moderators) deserve the credit for a very useful and well organized site.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘How to organize a self guided 4-5 day trip in July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.