4-5days in switzerland-please help !

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2014 at 15:54:01 #806439

Hello,

I am planning an intinerary for 4-5 days for a family of 5 adults (2 parents, 3 young adults ages 26,24,18)

My plan so far is:

1. London to Zurich airport and go Schauffheusen to see the rhine falls and back to zurich.

2nd day- spend the day in zurich and go Mount Titlis then take train to Lucerne.

3rd- boat cruise in lake lucerne, explore town and then…

considering what is the best route to Jungfrau?

And from here I would like to end in Geneva and then depart geneva airport to London again.

we will be taking train throughout the trip… Is this a feasible itinerary and should we get swiss rail passes?

thank you for your help in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 June 2014 at 16:05:09 #840209

Hi Amistry,

A similar question was just answered in this topic, does this help you too? In case of 4 days, a 4-day Swiss Saver Pass would be an option for the adults and 26 year old, and a 4-day Swiss Youth Pass for the 18 and 24 year olds.

All about the Jungfrau can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2014 at 16:17:50 #840210

Hi arno…thank you very much for your prompt reply!

I will look up the 4 day swiss pass and get the details.

Is the plan I have written feasible for a 4 or 5 day trip in switzerland. Also is it worth going from jungfrau to geneva and back to london or should I just go back to zurich airport after jungfrau?

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 June 2014 at 16:37:01 #840211

Hi Amestry,

Sure, just go to our Swiss Pass page and you can learn all about it there. The Golden Pass line is a great way to travel from the Jungfrau region to Geneva (via Montreux), so yes, that’s a good plan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2014 at 12:11:29 #840212

Hi arno,

I am planning to go from zurich to mount titlis and then straight to lucerne…is carrying luggage to mountain excursions going to prove some difficulty?

Annika
    7116 posts
    15 June 2014 at 16:12:56 #840213

Hi Amistry,

I would not take it up the mountain. It can be done but it’s really uncomfortable. Just take along a small backpack and keep the rest of your luggage in your hotel or in a locker. This page has more information: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/practical/luggage

Kind regards,

Annika

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 June 2014 at 17:30:10 #840214

Thankyou for your reply annika…ive looked up the lockers at train stations ..seems like a good idea!

Is it worth seeing mount titlis and mount jungfrau?

If so what is the best way to go from luzerne to jungfrau?

Should i stay one night at interlaken and then in the morning travel to jungfrau ( grindelwald)?

Arno
    15483 posts
    16 June 2014 at 18:53:47 #840215

Hi Amistry,

I think it’s worth seeing both, but you can best visit our pages about these mountain trips and decide yourself.

You best visit any mountain top, including the Jungfraujoch, on a clear day. Check the weather forecast the evening before and even the same morning, and then decide whether you go up. If you’re in Interlaken, the big advantage is that you’ll be up there much quicker, so even a few hours of clear sky in the morning would be sufficient for a visit. Hotels near the rail station are listed here.

• The thread ‘4-5days in switzerland-please help !’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.