4 day 3 night trip in end May 2016

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2016 at 17:39:28 #808751

Hello would seek more advice on the itineary.

We will be travelling from paris to interlaken on 24th may by train taking a morning train.

Im not sure since i will be reaching around noon if its possible to visit the rhine falls on the first day and do paragliding in interlaken. We would also like a boat trip on lake thun.

day 2 planning of either visiting jungfraujoch or mt tiltis. For jungfraujoch, May i know are the train routes all accessible? Of the two mountains which Should i visit jungfraujoch or visit mt tiltis at lucerne? Also should i do the boat ride on the second day planning to visit stubarch falls as well. Pardon my spelling.

Day 3 planning to travel to zermatt for a day trip prob take the gonergerat. We might be planning to visit matterhorn in zermatt so any suggestions on the itineary?

We would most prob be buying the 4 days swiss travel pass. We only have 3 nights and we are leaving early on the 4th day 27th may to venice via train.

Welcome any suggestions thanks. our base hotel is in interlaken. We will be staying at the youth hostel.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 March 2016 at 17:54:44 #850007

<<” Hello would seek more advice on the itineary. we will be travelling from paris to interlaken on 24th may by train taking a morning train. Im not sure since i will be reaching around noon if its possible to visit the rhine falls on the first day and do paragliding in interlaken. We would also like a boat trip on lake thun.”>>

Hi Prisca-

That will take approximately two days . 😉

For planning your schedule, look at:

map.search.ch/

and,

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Slowpoke

Annika
    7121 posts
    3 April 2016 at 7:03:15 #850008

Hi Prisca!

If Interlaken is your base, you’d better focus on attractions that are in that region, as has been discussed in your previous topics: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion/activitie s. Of course you can make a day trip to Lucerne (e.g. to visit the Titlis), but that will be long travel day. Did you use the timetable that’s been recommended before? You can also check the “Route” tabs on all of our attraction pages, that explain how to reach your destination and what to enter in the timetable.

On day 2, Jungfraujoch, the Staubbach Falls (I assume that’s what you mean?) and a boat ride over Lake Thun or Lake Brienz could be combined. Titlis is another option, but that exludes any other activities in the Jungfrau region and it would be less convenient.

Do you plan an overnight stay in Zermatt on your last day? That would be a lot easier than heading back to Interlaken, and then traveling south again the next day towards Venice.

The 4 day Swiss Travel Pass seems to be a good choice. Purchase options are listed here. This offer may be interesting for you.

• The thread ‘4 day 3 night trip in end May 2016’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.