4-Day Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2012 at 6:18:58 #805515

Hi

I’ll arrive Zurich on 30 Sep and be travelling to Interlaken for 2 nites on 2 to 4 Oct. I wish to know if it is better to buy a 4-Day Swiss Pass on promo, or Single tickets since I’m not so sure if the Swiss Pass covers free tickets on some routes. I’m travelling with partner and also child aged 6.

My plan is this:
    1) 2 Oct
    Zurich to Interlaken West.
    Interlaken to Harder Klum.

2) 3 oct
    Interlaken to Schunige Platte taking the cogwheel

3) 4 oct
    Interlaken to lauterbrunnen
    Interlaken back to Zurich

I’m open to suggestions.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 August 2012 at 6:49:59 #836894

I’m not sure about it but there are frequent trains from Zurich to Interlaken (at least every half hour) and the journey time is about 1 hour. You’ll probably have to change at Luzern – but that’s easy as the station is a terminus. There are two main stations in Interlaken – Interlaken West and Interlaken Ost – most of the hotels are nearer Ost.

Annika
    7104 posts
    10 August 2012 at 8:20:52 #836895

Welcome Sagi74! In nearly all cases, the 2 for 1 offer on the Swiss Saver Pass is the most economical deal. It’s the most comfortable way of traveling too, as you don’t have to buy tickets for most trips. In your case, you’ll only have to buy additional discounted tickets for Harder Kulm and Schynige Platte. Please visit the Swiss Pass page for details and a downloadable validity map.

Silva65 made some good suggestions on your train transfers. You can plan them with the Swiss timetable. Hotels in Interlaken near the railway stations are listed here.

• The thread ‘4-Day Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.