4 Day itinerary from Lucerne to Geneva in March

• StephenWilli
    Participant
    8 posts
    21 February 2017 at 3:37:06 #810861

Arriving Paris – Zurich – Lucerne on March 30th, and spending the 30th and 31st in Lucerne, we plan to see Lucerne on the 30th, then possible see Mt Pilatus on the 31st using the 1st day of our 4 day Swiss Train Pass. We’d like to head in the direction of Interlaken the afternoon of the 31st, but not sure where to spend our next 2 nights, April 1 and 2, before ending in Geneva the afternoon of the 3rd, then flying to Barcelona the morning of April 4th. So where might be go April 1st & 2nd before ending in Geneva on April 3rd, using our last day of the 4 day Swiss Pass? Thank you so much. Steve

I should also say that we’re a very young “Late 60’s” healthy couple who enjoy the beautiful views and culture of Switzerland, along with great cafe and restaurant experiences. Thanks again. Steve

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2017 at 9:28:20 #859216

Hi StephenWill,

I would be tempted to stay put in Luzern (local German spelling) for all 4 days and explore the area.Here is also a page on activities available in central Switzerland where Luzern is located.

Failing that, Interlaken may be a good stop for you as well if you are looking for more mountain/Alps adventures.

My last suggestion would be Montreux which is a lovely town – perhaps more so in the later Spring and Summer….You can also take the Golden Pass Panoramic Train to Montreux from either Luzern or Interlaken which is on your way to Geneva.

Lucas

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 February 2017 at 20:33:12 #859217

Hi Stephen-

From your comments, I suspect that you are familiar with Switzerland.

If so, you know that in late April and early March at the high altitudes near the Jungfrau, it is still pretty much Winter, but the snow quality is deteriorating for skiers.

The cableway from Wengen ( Wengiboden) to Männlichen runs on March 31, April 1 and 2, but not April 3 or 4 or 5. The next weekend, it does not run. Looks like the end of the ski season, but the trails up above will probably not be open. Once the ski season is drawing to an end, the trails are no longer groomed for hiking. Not sure of precise dates, but you may be there at about “changeover” time.

I’m not sure if hiking was in your plans, but you’ll need to seek lower altitudes, I suspect, if you want to do any.

Also, many, but far from all, hotels and restaurants are starting to take breaks before the Summer season .

Slowpoke

StephenWilli
    Participant
    8 posts
    21 February 2017 at 20:37:36 #859218

I’ll check this out. Thanks for your thoughts.

Steve

• The thread ‘4 Day itinerary from Lucerne to Geneva in March’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.