Sep 2, 2015 - 6:18 AM
I will be visiting Switzerland next week and have drawn an itinerary based on the experiences/queries posted by people in this very useful forum (many thanks to the forum members and the moderators who have maintained this forum).
My tentative plan is:
- Day1: Zurich: Spend a couple of hours at Rhine falls and then return back to Zurich. Go around the down-town and the national museum. Lastly, do a boat-ride for lake Zurich
- Day2: Go around Lucerne lake and city centre. Visit Mount Titlis
- Day3: Visit Mount Rigi. And do a panoramic train trip, (Golden Pass) from Lucerne to Montreaux. Reach Geneva
- Day4: Spend time in Geneva and return back to BaselI will be based in Baar for the first two days and will stay in Geneva for one night.
I would appreciate if you could answer a few queries that I have:
1) Is this trip feasible or is it an over-kill? Should I cut down on a few attractions or possibly add more?
2) Is the pass valid for 96 hours from the time it is validated?
3) I was looking at the various swiss travel pass promotional offers and I understand that I get a 20% off on the Swiss pass since I am travelling from Germany. Could you please confirm?
Thanks and regards,